Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Sends desktop notifications with song title and artist while listening to iHeartRadio or Pandora®. Receive notifications from any chosen html element on content change. Watch for changes in temperature, stock price, google doc, etc.
About this Add-on
Works especially well if you are using a google spreadsheet, for example, and waiting for a collaborator to update a cell. Just put a watch on the cell you are interested in, and you'll get a notification when your collaborator changes its content.
Set a watch on a list of the latest headlines, on a stock price, on the current weather in your area, on the currently playing song title and artist name in your internet radio site. The possibilities are endless, so long as you can find a webpage that updates the content you are interested in automatically.
When listening to music on Pandora® internet radio (www.pandora.com) or iHeartRadio (www.iheart.com), a notification is automatically sent when a new song starts playing with the song title, artist name, and album or station title. These automatic notifications can be disabled from the add-on's preferences in Firefox's Add-ons Manager. (Pandora is a registered trademark of Pandora Media Inc., with which this add-on has no affiliation).
This addon requires a desktop notification program for OS X like Growl and for Linux like libnotify. In some Linux builds, like Ubuntu, Firefox uses its own notification system rather than the OS's.
- Click the add-on's widget to bring up a panel.
- In the panel, give your notification a name so that if you have several going at once you can tell them apart. Also, select how often you want to look for changes, from every second to every hour.
- Click "OK."
- Click on the part of the web page you want to receive notifications from.
- Enjoy your notifications.
- To stop the notifications, reload the webpage or close its tab or window.