Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
As always, the examples have been updated - check them out at https://github.com/mozilla/rainbow/blob/master/content/example.html and https://github.com/mozilla/rainbow/blob/master/content/example_canvas.html
As with the 0.3 release, 0.4 will not support streaming or Linux. But we're making steady progress on both fronts, look for more news on that soon!
- Dropped support for writing streams to a websocket (as they will be disabled by default in Firefox 4).
- Added support for acting as a source of an Icecast stream. Special Icecast server configuration is required, details are in the README.
Don't forget, you can come contribute on github by filing issues, or submitting patches and pull requests!
- Linux support is also included but limited to audio only.
- Preliminary support for writing multiplexed media frames to a websocket.
- Exposed capability for API callers to request custom video frame sizes, encoding quality, audio channels and sampling rates.
- Numerous bug fixes, including an encoding issue that prevented Firefox from playing the audio track in generated OGG files.
As always please check out the README file for more information, and contribute on Github!