This is Jeremy Morton's theme for Firefox, updated to support various additions (Dev tools, new tab page, etc).
all credit for the original theme goes to: Jeremy Morton
Original "Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+":https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-3-theme-for-firefox/
Jeremy Morton's profile: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/jeremy-morton/
COMING SOON: Firefox 30 (and possibly above) update.
Strange and useless thing I encountered: There is an *add-on bar* on the TOP in Firefox 30 that is ALWAYS hidden with broken collapse, (set to be visible, yet is supposed to be hidden) and that is what is causing the tab-bar to not show in FF30 on tabs on bottom. What. The. Heck? O.o
Classic theme restorer is highly recommended if you are using Australis (FF 29+), and this theme was created with it in mind: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) configuration guide for best experience with theme is below.
how to get tabs on bottom for Firefox 4-28:
1. go to about:config
2. search 'browser.tabs.onTop' or 'onTop' (without the quotes)
3. double click 'browser.tabs.onTop' (without quotes) to set it to false
that's it! no restart, just simply tabs on bottom!
how to get menu bar:
1. right click empty space on any toolbar
2. click menu bar
there! now you should have the (near) full classic experience!
CTR config guide:
1. set Firefox titlebar setting to false
2. Set tabs on top setting to set [tabsontop="false"] (exp) if using newer versions, or set it to just [tabsontop="false"] if using older versions.
3. Set the iconsize setting to [iconsize="large"]. this setting occasionally works wrong, so you just have to re-set the setting if the toolbars revert to small.
recommended if you want full classic look:
old default image style: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/old-default-image-style/
Classicish Addons Manager: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/classicish-addon-manager/
RSS Icon in awesomebar: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/rss-icon-in-awesombar/
fix the back-forward dropmarker's (if installed) style to look like in Firefox 3 (not up to date): http://userstyles.org/styles/89830/firefox-3-theme-for-firefox-4-dropmarker-fix?r=1372552167
I recommend using Status-4-evar's status bar and disabling the add-on bar CTR adds, since the status always goes back on the status bar if you put it on the add-on one added by CTR.
Tab styling style is updated! It now adds the bar below the tabs back, for the FULL Firefox 3 look!!!
Optional userstyles for more accurate styling. IMPORTANT: These only work in version 4.0 of my theme and up, as I added images into the theme for these to use instead of using external images (doesn't work offline) or base64 (is messy).
tab styling: http://userstyles.org/styles/101734/firefox-3-theme-for-firefox-4-tab-styling
identity box styling: http://userstyles.org/styles/101735/firefox-3-theme-identity-box-styling
Improvements planned for the future:
1. Fix HTML5 video control missing styles and html5 allow thing styling..
2. add buttons from FF 30/31/32
3. Remote tab underlining
4. Make more of the icons use the FF3 versions in Australis.
5. Fix the spacing of the CTR icons.
6. fix the help icon in URL identity box.
7. fix the text getting cut off in the Australis customization interface.
8. Make the identity box distinguish Firefox URLs from normal URLs icon-wise.
9. adding support for new icons added in future versions of Firefox.
--------- the original, unedited description ---------------
As some people think the default Firefox 4 theme is too 'washed out', this theme brings back the colorful look of the default Firefox 3 theme, in Firefox 4 (or later)! This theme is based around the Windows ('winstripe') version of the Firefox 3 theme, as seen outside of Windows Vista/7's 'Aero' mode.
If you'd prefer the Firefox 3 theme as it appears under Windows Vista/7's 'Aero' mode, check out my Aero version of this theme, at:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-3-aero-theme-for-fi/
Or for those who prefer the Firefox 2 look:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-2-theme-for-firefox/