FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, bookmarks, preferences, passwords, cookies and just about everything else Firefox offers (it can even backup/restore your entire profile). You can selectively restore only the items you need. For instance, you may just want your bookmarks restored and leave everything else as it was.
- One click backup from the Toolbar.
- Schedule automatic backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Can also be configured to backup on Firefox startup and/or shutdown.
- Save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created. Specify how many folders you wish to keep and FEBE removes the oldest.
- Backup reminder. FEBE can alert you if a backup has not been completed in a specified number of days.
- Comprehensive results report with links to the author’s extension/theme homepages.
- User-defined backups. Make backups of virtually any file or folder - Firefox related or not. Just specify what to backup and FEBE does the rest.
- Extensive built-in help files. Just click the little blue information icons in FEBE options.
- Verify your extension directory. Upgrading Firefox versions sometimes leaves garbage in the extensions directory. FEBE can clean it up.
- Quick Backup. You can quickly backup as many or as few individual extensions/themes as you like. They can be saved together in a single, installable xpi file (Similar to CLEO).
- … and more!
Once installed, FEBE is available from the Firefox Tools menu. An icon can be placed on the toolbar via (right-click on toolbar) > Customize...
FEBE for Thunderbird (TEBE) beta is being upgraded to work on the latest Tb releases. It is available here
If you are upgrading from a previous FEBE major version or upgrading from a older Firefox version, you should clear your previous settings. Go to Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced > Clear FEBE preferences
*** NOTE: While awaiting full review, the latest FEBE version can be found on the FEBE homepage
. In particular, Firefox v36 users should be using FEBE v8.5.2 or above.