(more details and screenshots can be found in the User's Guide
User's Guide can also be accessed from All Tabs Helper: Tools > All Tabs Helper > Help)
This addon extends the "List All Tabs" menu (the drop-down menu at the right of the tabs bar) to allow the user to manipulate tabs directly from this menu, and also provides many additional conveniences. What you do with an item in the menu acts directly on the respective tab, such as dragging and dropping to move a tab (or multiple tabs at once).The menu can be opened just like the current "List All Tabs" menu from the tabs bar, OR, you can opt to keep All Tabs Helper open in the sidebar.
The displayed menu can be toggled among 4 different menus, each providing different functionality. Here is a general overview of what you can do from All Tabs Helper:"Alltabs" menu:
(these operations can be done on single or multiple
- Close tab(s)
- Move tab(s) using drag and drop
- Load unloaded tab(s)
- Reload loaded tab(s)
- Unload tabs(s)
- "Find In Tabs" style search ...
search tabs content in loaded tabs. Clicking on the result takes the user
to the tab and highlights the text where the result appears
- Search for tabs by title/URL
- Access visited tabs history, via back/forward button, or list of visited tabs in order
- Display a list of tabs having the same web page, for easy cleanup of duplicated tabs
User can switch between the different modes via buttons or context menu
(*Multiple tabs operations can be made by selecting mulitple items in the menu using ctrl/cmd key and/or shift key)
Additional functionality includes:
- Open new tabs either next to current OR at end of tabs bar by
holding/not holding down modifier key. User can determine which action
will be the default action in options.
- Page up/page down/home/end for quick scrolling of All Tabs menu
- Ability to limit the width of the All Tabs menu. Can easily resize by dragging.
- When opening All Tabs menu, list autoscrolls to display current tab, or optionally, to the same position you were last.
- Can initiate a search by typing (Find as You Type)
- Load all or selected tabs
- Unload all or selected tabs
- Reload all or selected loaded tabs (note that this will not load unloaded tabs, unlike FF context menu option "Reload All Tabs")
- Unloaded tabs can optionally be decorated using a grey-out affect, both/either in the All Tabs menu, and the Tabs Bar
- Undo the last tab(s) close or move operation - especially useful for mulit-tab mistakes
- Dragging/Scrolling acceleration - holding down the alt key while dragging/scrolling accelerates 5x
- Keyboard shortcuts for most operations
See User's Guide
for complete feature list and detailed instructions on how to use All Tabs Helper.
- To use in "List All Tabs" popup, simply click Firefox "List All Tabs" button in tabs bar
- To use in Sidebar, go to: Tools > All Tabs Helper > Open in sidebar, OR: View > Sidebar > All Tabs Helper
- Or, "ctrl/cmd + alt + ]" to open in "List All Tabs" popup, "ctrl/cmd + alt + [" to open in sidebar
- click on alltabs|recent|dups|search at top to change menu/mode
- When in "List All Tabs" view, clicking outside the popup will close it (popup will not close while doing operations inside the popup). When using sidebar, menu always stays open
- "Static items" (eg, Tab Groups, Pano) that would normally appear at the top of the "List All Tabs" menu are hidden, and can be viewed by right-click > show/hide static items, or ctrl/cmd + . (period)
This addon is especially helpful to "power-users", and folks who like to have high numbers of tabs open. One friend of mine typically keeps 500 - 600 tabs open, and has expressed much appreciation for this little tool. But even I find it very useful with my typical 50 to 100 tabs a session.Constructive discussion and bug reports appreciated
note: please consider posting a problem you are experiencing on the support site
before leaving a negative review. Sometimes problems are a simple lack of understanding. Also, simply reading the User's Guide may clear something up, and in any case will enrichen your experience greatly.