Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
|User since||October 30, 2011|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Very easy and comfortable.
I have only one proposal - currently the addon has 3 buttons - for sidebar, panel and to open last bookmark.
Is it possible to add the option, that allows to open it in sidebar by left click, in the pop-up panel - by the right click and the last bookmark - by the middle click?
Большое спасибо за прекрасный и очень удобный аддон!
Есть ли возможность опционально наделить одну из кнопок возможностью открывать Save-To-Read в сайдбаре левым кликом, в панели - правым, а последнюю закладку - средним?
It is extremely useful addon. It hides not only buttons, but also a menuitems of any context menu.
Considering that Menu Editor addon is ownerless this addon can in some manner replace it.
So tiny and so smart! Thank you!
1. First of all, it isn't a bug, that it doesn't hide the old menuitem.
Using Menu Editor I can move the old menuitem (or new) to the Main Context menu having luxury to restore the closed tab from any place - in the tab menu or main menu.
2. On other hand I see that this addon by some way can replace Menu Editor, that is currently ownerless. All, that is needed for "right context" addon is to add "Up" and "Down" buttons to options to allow moving the the menuitems and to have two panes - for main context menu and tab context menu and allow to move some of menuitems from one pane to another - and this addon will fully replace the MenuEditor.
3. Regarding Search option - it fully replaces several addons that bigger then this one and do the same. Only two things that I would ask to add here are:
3.1 Currently the menuitem "Search in..." appears only if some text is selected. It would be great, if this menuitem will appear when some word is clicked. Is it possible to detect the right clicked word?
3.2 Currently the "right context" addon represents the search engines as a list with icons and their names. It would be great if it would allow (as an option) representing them without names (icons only) with customisable number of icons in the row - in case of dozens of engines it might be more comfortable then to scroll them.
This honey tiny addon just currently replaces several big, and with my requests implementation, it will replace as minimum 5-6 big addons (more then 10 times bigger then this "baby")
It is tiny and useful addon. Thank you
But I have few questions-proposals.
1. What is the depth of Memo? And is it possible to delete from it some old, absolete etc. entries? Even if the depth is very big, anyway it will be difficult to find needed entry if it will be a lot of them. Therefore the ability to delete unneeded entries is necessary.
2. The time and date of entry creation is might be necessary, but on demand. In other words, the user should be able to switch on/off the time/date indication.
3. The user should be able to define the position of MEMO button (currently it is in right side of the screen (in the middle of it)) because it might conflict with another addons. Particularly its current position conflicts with addon https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/page-positioning-buttons/
4. Currently clicking on entry causes loading the page, where this entry was created - left click reloads it into current page, middle - in the new. It also should be given a possibility to copy this entry to clipboard (not URL, but entry itself, i.e. text) on right click.
It is unfortunate that developer has no time to maintain this addon.
What is needed in addition to existing.
1. The list of shortcuts - it will grow with time and it will be difficult to keep in mind all shortcuts. So the context menuitem that can list all shortcuts will be useful.
2. Options as additional menuitem of shortcuts list - to be able to add new shortcuts not only via Addon Manager->Text Complete-Options
It works as described, customizable and very useful.
The main pain from built-in Keyboard Modes - that they are global and affects not only input fields, but also hot keys etc., that isn't so desirable.
This addon resolves this issue - it affects only chosen input field.
But anyway I have few proposals that can make this addon more attractive.
1. Is it possible to add "sticky" toggling that will affect all input fields and will keep the Keyboard Mode after page refreshing or even loading another url? Currently each time when page is reloading or user switches to another tab, he has to toggle Keyboard Mode, that isn't so comfortable.
2. The Cyrillic Keyboard has more letters and therefore it must occupy some useful keys, for example, "=,+,[,]," etc.
So, if I need to use them I have to toggle Keyboard Mode, press the desired key and toggle Keyboard Mode once more and it is not so comfortable.
Is it possible when the input field is toggled to Transliterator's Keyboard to use, let say, Alt key for "hot reverting to original keyboard", i.e. "=" will be "ь", but Alt-= will be "=" etc.
Of course, all hot keys with Alt should be suppressed.
3. Regarding creating own layout. In your site you explain how to do this. But it is difficult for non-advanced users to create by themselves such files.
Is it possible to put in your site an example of such file, for instance - layout for "ЯЖЕРТЫ", or link to such file or how to get it from addon (it should be anywhere in addon), that user can copy it and use as template where he will change some things.
It would be better if addon's UI will allow it - for example user will be able to copy one from listed layouts, rename it and in View would be able to edit.
Does not work.
After adding the pair Find-Replace in option dialog it immediately forgets this pair and the option dialog remains virgin.
FF v16.0.1, Windows 7
1. It requires username and login, but there is no way to sign up for first time.
2. The icon occupies a very big space that is also unacceptably
You are right - there are several addons that use mouse gestures.
In addition, as I understand, the addons with mouse gestures usually are heavy - the gesture identification requires some heavy things.
But thinking on your answer some idea entered my head and I want to share it with you.
Let imagine that the entire screen is greeded by 4x4 greed.
It is easy to detect on which of 16 rectangles resides cursor when middle click is released and it is easy to reach each of these 16 rectangles by user even in case when there is no visible grid.
Such thing gives us 16 alternatives.
And if it is possible to show the grid itself on middle button press and detect a cursor on middle button release - the grid can be bigger, for example 9x6 or even more.
If user can customize each rectangle (let say - 10-20 basic functions and the rest - choosen bookmarks) - it will be great, especially if together with grid user will be able to read the operations in each rectangle (it is impossible to remember few dozens of operations).
Of course, it would be another addon. I convey only an idea.
I have only one request:
If I have several general styles (for every site), is it possible to add the option to choose the style randomly and not the last one from the list?
I have only one request:
Is it possible to add option for automatic favicon choosing for Non-Iconized Tab from predefined set of favicons?
The number of Non-Iconized sites grows and sometimes almost all tabs become Non-Iconized.
In such case is highly desired to "connect" different favicons to such sites.
The algorythm can be very simple.
Let assume we have K alternatives for favicons.
We can get the sum of all characters of site host, let say, S and S by module K (S % K) will give us one of K favicons and it will be connected to this site.
It works for me (FF v16.01), very simple and easy
It has fantastic side-effect on sites with Stylish.
Stylish has styles where it is possible to use images as wallpapers. But it is hard to read the text on such background.
And this addon puts semitransparent background that allows to read the text and does not fully cover an image. Fantastic!
I don't think, that Patric planned to do this, but he did!
Is it possible to use mouse movements together with middle click?Currently only two possibilities from 7 are available. (Anyway - the action itself - on release)Moreover, the secondary action requires two hands to operate.And with mouse movement it is possible 5 or even 9 and only one hand:1) without movement;2-3) Up - Down4 - 5) Left - Right6 - 7) LeftUp - RightDown8 - 9) RightUp -LeftDownI would like to see also reload current page and Go Back/ForwardThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.4.0).
Is it possible to use middle button of the mouse instead Ctrl key (optionally)?
Currently this addon requires two hands to operate
But as soon as we can see the page title in url bar (that is more then reasonable - its MUST) - it is reasonable to shrink the active tab to favicon. And as additional option - to shrink all tabs.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (3.2).
Thank you for such fast respond.
Regarding backward compatibility and risk of brittlenes I also have a proposal:
Is it possible to create a companion addon for CR that will use the power and intellect of CR but have another user interface?
In this case it won't be any backward compatibility problem because it is no need in compatibility at all - who wants existed usage model won't install a companion or will disable it.
I also looked on addons that you developed and came to conclusion that your heart tends to web pages colorization and reading enhancements. I have some ideas in this direction and if it is interesting to you - I can convey them
It is also difficult to save settings.
1. Is it possible to provide some top-down menu for each button?
2. Is it possible to have one button to save with top-down menu of saving level?
3. Is it possible to assign some name for each configured profile on savings? In this case the user can choose one of presaved configuration for some other page/site/domain etc. In this case it would be easier to configure the new page/site. Moreover, in such case we don't need to connect the configuration to sites - it will be several most preferable profiles/settings where user can choose one from top-down menu - additional button is required - "Open". In this case we will have one "Save" button that allows to save the configuration to one of existed profiles (profile modifying) or create new profile and one "Open" button with list of defined profiles/configurations
Here are the answers on your questions listed below:
1. I use Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
2. So, it is for web designers, not for me, sorry for disturbing
3. Of course, it isn't MUST BE requirement, it is not even requirement at all - only suggestion
4. OK, thanks
------------------------------ And here are your questions: ----------
1.You said it doesn't open new window, so pls tell me details, for instance, which OS, OS-version, which FireFox-verion , and on which specific web site(it should open window on "google.com" web site! ), etc.
2. The list shows all image path and name of them at the page you are on. Web site managers have trouble about messy files on the server, esp. image files. For them, this add-on helps.
3. Yes, but may be for the future. I need time and donation(maybe). Does having icon is a MUST for the requirement of full-review?
4. This add-on doesn't clean files or contents. That kind of action is a violation against the web site you visit. The add-on gives you a hint to clean up needless files in your web site. So, showing list is a must, because it is the purpose of this add-on.
Только сейчас заметил, что не ответил на Ваш вопрос - был настолько рад возможности переключения раскладок в адресбаре, что забыл ответить - извините.
Есть такой аддон "Add to Search Bar" https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/add-to-search-bar/ - который позволяет ввести почти любую страницу, имеющую поле поиска в семейство поисковых машин - просто кликаешь правым кликом на поле поиска и выбираешь "Add to Search Bar" или (если на русском - "Добавить в поисковую систему" или как-то так) - появляется маленькое окошко и там можно выбрать и фавикон и краткое имя. Если я занёс какую-то страницу в Search Bar и выбрал ей краткое имя (например, kuku), то набрав в адрес баре kuku Вася я буду искать "Вася" в этой поисковой машине.
Также можно почитать об этом в Оmnibar https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/omnibar/
Но Ваш аддон имеет более широкое применение.
Есть масса горячих клавиш которые не срабатывают, если находишься не в той раскладке.
В принципе английская раскладка нужна, когда находишься не на Input поле, когда нажата Ctrl и/или Alt, когда активируешь аддон shortcutkey2url https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/shortcutkey2url/
Можно ли расширить область действия Вашего аддона?
Ещё раз извините за поздний ответ.
You can also resize the image. You can save the edited page to local file and it will keep links