Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
|User since||October 18, 2010|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Very useful for those who manage many different accounts in the same websites.
The ability to attach lengthy metadata text in passwords and password protect them.
Notwithstanding that the "Fill by Password Tags" context menu item shows up in the majority of typical login forms there are cases where it doesn't show up even though the default username/password filling of Firefox works smoothly with them.
Suggestions for Further Improvement:
Fix the issue of "Fill by Password Tags" in all cases of login forms
After developer's reply I submitted him a case where the "Fill by Password Tags" don't work. He found the reason for not working and he is going to fix it in the next release soon. This puts another 'plus' for this highly recommended add-on
I have been using fastest search for some months.
Vantage points: Versatile smart Search box (I use it all the time), versatile text search inside pages, versatile drag&drop of links to open them in new tabs (this one is really cool), search using search-engine groups
Weak points: As far as I know there is no way you can change the default key (SHIFT) to open the smart search box.
Verdict: Amazing add-on.
P.S.The author's introductory video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDlLrVZ54L0) is a must. Do watch it.
Simple and Effective in both Firefox and Thunderbird. The only drawback is that in Thunderbird it misses the "Background Color" optionThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (7.2).
I have been using this add-on with TB 3.1.15 for a month now with no significant errors so far (see below for a minor problem). Congrats to the developer.
1. The colorful pictorial representation of threads in a time line is a beauty.
2. The knots representing the messages are clickable and open the
messages. More importantly, moving a message to a different folder has no adverse effect.
None so far.
the option to display the time between two messages doesn't work for me
it is similar to XNote++ add on (<a class="linkification-ext" href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/xnotepp/" title="Linkification: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/xnotepp/">https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/xnotepp/</a>) but with search capabilities.
Vantage point: Search among notes
Minor problems: Bad icon in message toolbar (TB 3.1)
Suggestions for further improvement
1. keyboard Shortcut (and button in message toolbar) for deleting notes (with confirmation if user wants it)
2. Search results be all presented in a column (in new tab) like the way thunderbird filters messages.
3. Easily create and attach one note to a lot of messages. (Presently it is cumbersome to add the same note to many messages )
4. Easily delete notes from many messages by marking the messages and then click the "delete notes from messages" option or a "delete notes" button in message toolbar.
5. A new tag in thunderbird to tag messages having a note
overall, a useful and very much needed add on
Update after Developer's reply:
I followed the steps provided by the developer (congrats for the immediate and detailed reply) and successfully changed the icon in message toolbar. My tag suggestion has to do with an option to auto tag (under the same tag and without manual user intervention) all emails that have messages.
It is one of the most useful and outstanding add-ons for firefox.
Important Pros: edit page before saving, many saving options (including option to follow links in user defined depth) and high saving accuracy.
Suggestions for further improvement:
1. In addition to the tool for erasing elements in web pages there could be a tool for saving/capturing elements from a web page
2. It would be nice if the user could place elements captured by web pages (see 1 above) into whatever location he/she wants in a blank page and create something like a real scrapbook. There could also be a periodic update option for that scrapbook which would eventually make it a user-created live magazine (for example, when the elements used are standard columns of news websites).
3. Graphical tools (like arrows, circles, flexible brackets etc) would be a big plus
Nice idea but needs enhancement. When the bookmarked emails are moved the bookmark no longer points to them. Ability to organize and create folders in eMarks menu would be a big plus.
A very nice add-on. Much needed when you visit the same pages again and again.
1. central management of all notes
2. ability to customize the url associated with a note using wildcard-like options.
weakest feature: very limited editor
Bug: You experience odd effects when you put your mouse over a link in bookmarks toolbar while being in pages having notes.
Suggestions for further improvement:
1. Enhanced Editor.
2. Ability to add pictures as notes.
Workaround: It may be really slow to scroll down pages having notes. Disabling smooth scrolling (Tools>Options>General>Browsing) fixes the problem
Very nice, simple and useful add-on. Just be aware that it may block some features on specific pages.(I had to add finance.yahoo.com to the Blacklist because Linkification blocked the streaming quotes).
An update to my review for a previous version of ReminderFox
Many issues I mentioned in my previous review as limitations (like Alert Slider not showing ToDo items etc)
were already available so it was my fault that I didn't know how to make the necessary configurations.
There are nevertheless some important issues that must be addressed by the developers
to unleash the full potential of ReminderFox:
1. ToDo's should have a similar to Reminders' "Remind Daily Until Completed" option. Perhaps it should be named as "Remind Daily Until Done".
(Lists must have a similar option too).
2. The "Date Completed" must be customizable in all Reminders,ToDo's and Lists. (currently none of them have this option)
3. It would be usefull to be able to deal (in a read-write fashion) with more than one calendars like Sunbird and Lighting do.
4. Marking a Reminder or a ToDo as "Complete" from within ReminderFox doesn't work well with Lighting and Rainlendar
Apart from the issues mentioned above the add-on is badly needed for all busy firefox users and the developers show
great interest in enhancing it. An active message board which helps ReminderFox's users is present and it is a big plus.
Undoubtedly a superb -highly customizable- add-on which enhances Thunderbird and Firefox greatly. The Alert Slider /Tooltip popups are very useful and creating reminders and ToDo's is a snap. There is an option to use your own .ics calendar and integrates flawlessly with Rainlendar and Thunderbird's Lighting. The "View or Print as HTML" feature requires honorable mention and the How-To videos in the developers' site are impressive.
Here are some suggestions to the authors for further improvement in the next versions:
1. Alert Slider must be able to show ToDo items
2. Alert Slider as well as Tooltip must have a customizable window size
3. ToDo's must have a similar to "Remind Daily Until Completed" option. Perhaps it should be named as "Remind Daily Until Done".
4. The "Date Completed" must be customizable in both Reminders and ToDo's.
5. The ReminderFox calendar must show ToDo's along with Reminders when hovering over a date.
6. It would be usefull to be able to deal with more than one calendars like Sunbird and Lighting do.
7. The List Display must have an option to sort Reminders and ToDo's chronologicaly when the Date column shows names (text) instead of numbers
And here is a (perhaps) bug:
The ReminderFox calendar which appears by clicking on the status-bar Displacement (the ribbon icon in the status-bar) does not highlight the dates having attached Reminders.