|User since||June 17, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Beautiful! Am using this on 3.6.12, under Debian and it works very well. So far, one thing it seems to be missing is an option for translated full pages to open in a new window or tab so that the translation may be compared with the original. Right now, the translation replaces the original, in the same tab, which makes it necessary to open a new tab with the original contents manually in order to check for errors in the machine translation.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.9.1-signed).
Beautiful! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is SO much easier than Video Download Helper and has become my preferred tool for downloading from YouTube.
Of course, YouTube, itself, occasionally changes, temporarily "breaking" ANY download-related extensions, but that's why you check for updates to extensions.
After the latest changes by YouTube, 1-Click didn't work for a bit, but it was fixed pretty quickly, and has been working well, for me, again.
There are a few cases where 1-Click doesn't work, though, as with http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=9rADKOT63Fs for which the 1-Click links do not appear, but Video Download Helper does successfully download an FLV file. I'm not sure why that URL starts with "il" instead of "www" (it was emailed to me by a friend), but if I change the "il" to "www" 1-Click works fine. Thus, maybe 1-Click needs to be changed to work based upon the "youtube.com" domain and not just the "www.youtube.com" URL, or maybe to be configurable to allow other URLs. Of course, it would REALLY be great if it could work on ANY page that contains a YouTube video (i.e. without having to go TO the YouTube page), but that may not be possible with the way in which it actually works.
Keep up the good work! Thanks!
A lot of potential Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Looks great, but appears to have been abandoned. There have been no updates since 2007, and if you enable the DomainKeys function, it just gives an error saying, "DomainKeys checks are currently not available." It does have an option to point to a different "DK verification server," but gives no clues as to where one would be available. If anyone knows of any, please post it/them for the benefit of others who wish to use this feature while it is not available from its developer's site.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.9.0.3).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Excellent! Am using this with Iceweasel (Debian's version of Firefox 126.96.36.199), and it works beautifully without having to worry about having to sign up for anything, as a number of similar tools require.
For my particular use (annotating a table of values on a website), I needed smaller stickies than the smallest size that this extension offers (150x100), so I edited the "internote-extension.js" and "internote-content.js" to use 55x35 as the "tiny" size, then restarted Firefox, and it works wonderfully!
For those who wish to use this with Firefox 3.0.1, try the following (understanding that it MAY not work). Oftentimes, extensions MAY work beyond the maximum version number stated in the package, but the installer won't allow it, since it just looks at the maximum. In such cases, SOME extensions may be made to work by downloading the extension's .XPI file to your hard drive, renaming it from .XPI to .ZIP, extracting the files, then editing "install.rdf" to change "maxVersion" from whatever it is to the version of Firefox you have (or, perhaps, one of two notches higher to allow for cases where Firefox may put out another update before the extension does). Then, rezip the necessary files (making sure you preserve the directory structure that was in the original), rename the .ZIP file back to .XPI, and open that file with Firefox. If it works, you're in. If not, you can uninstall it in the usual way.
Wish list Rated 4 out of 5 stars
For years, I have used ReloadEvery, and just never noticed Check4Change. Now I wonder why I didn't start using it sooner!
This is absolutely wonderful for checking the status of turn-based game sites. With ReloadEvery, changes would appear, but since I'm not always right in front of the computer, I would never know unless I kept going back to look at the screen every once in a while.
Now that it has (instantly) become indispensable to me, I have a "wish list" of the things that would make it perfect.
1) Custom sound selection for each watched page, to make it easier to know, from afar, WHICH page has changed.
2) Have an option so that any mouse-click WITHIN the page (not just on the tab) will mark the page as "seen." This will save a step when (using game pages as an example) one middle-clicks a link on the page to open the changed game in a new tab while still allowing C4C to monitor the original page.
3) Have an option for a selection to be the absolute base point for a page, so that if the page returns to that state, it will not be considered a change. For example, once one has taken a turn in a changed game after having opened it in a new tab, there is no need for notification when the original page returns to the "no games waiting" state.
4) Have an option to remember the base state of a site that is bookmarked, so that when one opens that bookmark, C4C would already begin monitoring the page.
5) Add an option (and/or, perhaps, a button one would be able to put into the status bar and/or toolbar) to stop the monitoring of ALL pages currently being monitored.
6) As user "Acing" mentioned, add the ability to monitor a picture for change. That may be difficult to do for an actual picture, especially with the potential memory-usage considerations, but perhaps checking to see if the image file name has changed (i.e. there is a different picture in the original spot) would suffice.
7) For advanced users, add an option to monitor according to DOM selection, as with the way the AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper works.
8) Add an option for whether or not to highlight the monitored portion of pages which have changed. There APPEARS to be an option for this in the C4C context menu, but either it doesn't work, or that menu item is for something else.