Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Version 3.3.1 introduces a new feature that warns you when performing a Reply-All or Edit-As-New to an email in which you have been BCC'ed and where others have been TO or CC'ed. Unless care is taken in these cases, you can easily reveal (a) that you were BCC'ed on the original email and (b) your response to the original sender. Both of these results are generally not desired. You are not prevented from doing anything. But you are warned of the danger. Thanks to Eyal Rozenberg for suggesting this enhancement. And thanks to Kristopher Byrne for pointing out the bugs and for testing the fixes.
disables this feature. This is now the default and may be a good option if you
are using the Thunderbird command line interface (directly or indirectly).
* Minor corrections to the Spanish translation by Jesus Centella. Thanks!
the following are true: (a) an email is being composed, (b) the identity of
the of the email sender (From:) is changed, and (c) either the original or the
new identity has a Reply-To: address configured.
* At the suggestion of a user, reveal and permit setting of the "hidden" TB
setting called "mail.compose.add_undisclosed_recipients" in this addon's
option panel. See the page at http://kb.mozillazine.org/BCC for more info on
separated, email addresses on a single line in the compose window caused infinite loops and crashes of Thunderbird.
* Fixed bug whereby a double-click on the Contacts Sidebar did not result in the correct addressing mode when the recipient was added to the email.
* Added "fix" so that when new recipients are added to a message using a double-click on the Contacts sidebar in the Compose window, the new recipient is added consistent with the addon's "Start New or Forwarded messages Addressing With:" option. The line that is added afterward is also created to be consistent with this option's setting.
* Added optional playing of a sound when the user is warned about sending email with too many To or Cc recipients.
* Expanded the definition of a "new message" for the function to change the default recipient addressing mode in new and forwarded compose windows. Now, messages that result from the following are always considered "new":
a) A typical, new message.
b) Clicking an email link in a web browser (mailto://).
c) A forwarded message (as attachment or inline).
And the following are only considered "new" if they contain no previously entered recipients (except reply-to) at the time the compose window is opened:
d) Opening a template email.
e) Opening a draft email.
* Fixed bug in function to change the default recipient addressing mode in new and forwarded compose windows which caused it to fail if a reply-to address is configured. Thanks to Karl Stambaugh for reporting the bug and testing this fix!
* Added checking for multiple recipients on a single line separated by commas when counting non-BCC'ed recipients.
* Serbian translation updated.
* Modifications to the Options panel to better support users who are not on the Windows platform. Now all platforms will behave almost identically with
changes to settings being saved as soon as they are made. There is no longer a need for Windows users to dismiss the dialog in order for changes be saved. This also results in validation checks being run on non-Windows platforms that have been ignored until now.
* Added the function, suggested by manuamano, to open new and forwarded
message composition windows optionally changing the default recipient
addressing mode from TO to either CC or BCC. Thanks for the suggestion!
* French translation. Thanks to manuamano.
* Please note that (sr) translation is incomplete at the time of release and so some strings will be incorrect or shown in English. It is hoped this can be updated in a near term release.
Added the ability, suggested by Juan Abba, to offer conversion of TO and CC
recipients to BCC on the warning/confirm dialog.
was not handled properly.
2. Italian localization thanks to BabelZilla.
3. By user request, you can now set limit count to zero and 1 (before minimum was 2).
4. Fixed bug whereby empty recipient slots were not ignored - now they are.
5. Fixed bug whereby recipients that are newsgroups, reply-to, and followup-to were not ignored - now they are.
6. Cleaner coding in several places.
7. Fixed bug whereby the addon's options dialog would disappear after input errors are reported and bad option information being stored anyway.