Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
ThunderRetract implements client-side eMail retraction into Thunderbird. This is done showing messages differences in original and retracted one.
About this Add-on
Server-side retract is implemented by many enterprise product, but
popular email protocols do not provide users with the possibility of
retracting or correcting messages already sent and delivered.
Thunderretract allows requesting the retraction of a message: if the
recepient has not already read the message and if she installed the
add-on, the message will be (optionally) deleted from her inbox. If
the recepient does not allow deletion, he will be notified an apology
(customizable on sender-side).
Thunderretract also allow correcting delivered messages: if a message
already sent contains mistakes or erroneous information, the sender
can re-open it (from her 'set items'), make some changes, and re-send
it. The recipient (if she installed the add-on) will see the changes
highlighted on a new message, will be able to compare the two
messages, and will be able to quickly re-open the previous version
(otherwise she will see both messages).
The add-on has been developed as a master thesis, it is freeware, but
we would like to involve you in our survey on the usage of email:
please download and install also SimpleStatistics (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=246943&package_id=303677) [it is a separate
and independent add-on!], and periodically send us a report on the
number of email you send and receive. It will hel research at the
University of Milano-Bicocca. If you have any question on this point,
please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
End-User License Agreement
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis,
* WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
* for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the
* The Original Code is prova_licenza.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is
* Iade Gesso.
* Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2009
* the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* either the GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), or
* the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 2.1 or later (the "LGPL"),
* in which case the provisions of the GPL or the LGPL are applicable instead
* of those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this file only
* under the terms of either the GPL or the LGPL, and not to allow others to
* use your version of this file under the terms of the MPL, indicate your
* decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL or the LGPL. If you do not delete
* the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* the terms of any one of the MPL, the GPL or the LGPL.