Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
2. Made confirmations of Compress Sqlite file operations optional.
* Presents results from Validate Email Addresses initially sorted by result. May also click the Clean column's heading to toggle sort between ascending and descending. Thanks to Caver who's review here suggested this enhancement.
1. Added Edit In Selected Address Book function. This idea had its germination in response to a newsgroup posting and while this function proved to NOT solve the original poster's problem (since he was on Mac), it seemed worthwhile to keep in place. For Thunderbird 3.x and above, something close to this function exists. But I think this more convenient. If you do not, it can be disabled on the addon's options panel.
2. Added Warn on Address Book Card Delete function. This idea was suggested by Ulf Zibis - thanks! In cases where you have multiple entries in an address book for a single person and one of them is used in a mailing list, you want to be able to avoid deleting the card used in the mailing list and thereby damaging the mailing list. Thunderbird gives no warning and shows no indication that a card is used in one or more mailing lists. So, when enabled, this function intercepts both menu and button driven attempts to delete an entry from an address book (not from a mailing list) and checks to see if the entry is in use on one or more mailing lists in that address book. If so, a warning is given and you can optionally cancel the delete operation.
3. Added the ability to copy both Display Name and email address to the Copy Email Address From Address Book Card function. These enhancements were also suggested by Ulf Zibis - thanks!
4. Modifications to the Options panel to better support users who are not on the Windows platform. Now all platforms will behave almost identically with changes to settings being saved as soon as they are made. There is no longer a need for Windows users to dismiss the dialog in order that changes be saved. This also results in validation checks being run on non-Windows platforms that have been ignored until now. Thanks to Leszek (teo) Zyczkowski at BabelZilla for letting me know about these discrepancies. Also, thanks to teo for work done, but not yet implemented, in improving the Options panel - look for it in the next release!
1. Due to reported conflicts, the files extensions.sqlite and addons.sqlite are no longer processed by the Compress Sqlite Files function. Apologies to those adversely affected.
2. Not actually a bug - but brought up to new Mozilla standards for addons: all preference names for this addon have been prefixed with "extensions." and code has been added to automatically migrate any user settings of these preferences.
3. Incorrectly accepted non-numeric data for warn email file size option.
1. Monitor Email Folders - thanks to Brett Grachek for suggesting this new function.
2. More extensive cleanup ot the New Root Directory in the Clean Accounts function (can now remove unused .msf and .rc files found there).
1. Small bug causing Compress Sqlite files to be incorrectly shown on ThunderBird v 2.x..
2. Eliminated hang in options panel if the value provided for the web component's url is inadequate.
3. Disallow Validate Email Address function if selected card in the right hand pane of the address book represents a mailing list. These may be validated from the left hand pane.
Fixes to Portuguese translation. Thanks to Mauro Jose da Silva at BabelZilla.
2. Modified Remove From Address Books function such that only address books in which the specified email address are known to exist are shown in the function's submenu or processed.
2. Modifications to adhere to Mozilla programming standards.
1. Added ability to dump results from the Validate Email Addresses function to the Thunderbird Error Console and to the Thunderbird program console. Thanks to Charlie Noah for pushing for this feature.
1. Bug in Validate Email Addresses function when address book entries have no name data. Thanks to Charlie Noah for finding and reporting this problem.
1. In order to adhere to AMO code standards, substituted all calls to eval() with evalInSandbox().
(a) check both primary and secondary email addresses using the validate email address function
(b) optionally remove an email address found invalid by the validate email address function rather than deleting the entire address book card (which is still supported).
1. Added support for validating email addresses inside a specified mailing list. Thanks to Charles Bragg for encouraging this.
2. Added support for IMAP in the Clean Accounts function. Thanks to Christian Bruckhoff for encouraging me to do this.
3. Added Clear All Expired function. Thanks to Alex Marino for encouraging me to do this.
1. Fixed bug with in Validate Email Address which sometimes caused the function to fail with an error and appear to hang.
2. Fixed bug with both Validate Email Address and Copy Email Address functions when more than one card entry is selected at the time the functions are triggered. Now, the functions are only available when a single card is selected.
Failure to confirm requests to Remove "Orphaned" Files when the confirm option is set to TRUE.
Feature additions. Adds:
(a) Validation of email addresses in address books (performed in concert with a web-based component).
(b) Ability to copy an address book card's primary email address into the system clipboard.
(c) Re-organized options dialog.
(d) thunderplunger.mozdev.org website for the add-on now online.
(e) Portuguese (Brazilian) localization - thanks to Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindoat at BabelZilla!
(a) Popup menu item on email address links in messages to trigger a function that removes the selected email address, if found, from the user's local address books.
(b) Polish localizations. Thanks again to all at BabelZilla!
(a) Fixed really stupid bug causing the Mark All Read function to fail loading on non-Window platforms.
Feature additions. Adds:
(b) When Thunderbird restarts after a Clean Accounts has been requested, a confirmation dialog is displayed which replaces the previous series of individual prompts. It permits the user to see and confirm all folders to be removed at one time. If nothing is found for removal, a typical alert message is displayed instead.
(c) The confirmation dialog (see a above) may end up displayed BEHIND other existing windows on some platforms. This appears beyond my control at this point. However, typical alert messages do not typically suffer from this. They will at least "flash" their window icons on the Windows task bar. So I have added an alert warning that is optionally shown before the confirmation dialog that warns of the possibly "hidden" window. Display of this warning is controlled by a new add-on option. Checking the "do not show again" box on this warning will toggle the state of this option. You may also control this option from the add-on's options window.
(d) Added new option for control of the Clean Accounts "warning" (see b above).
(e) Italian localization.
(f) Cleaned-up the add-on's options panel.
Feature additions. Adds:
(a) "Remove 'Orphaned' Files" context menu item for News accounts.
(b) "Clean Accounts" status bar icon menu item.
Original release. Provides:
(a) "Mark All Read" context menu item for News and RSS accounts.
(b) "Remove 'Phatom' Messages" context menu item for Newsgroup folders.