About this Add-on
When moving from one location to another, you have to change the SMTP server to use the one from your current location, otherwise the message cannot be sent.
For security reasons (spams) ISP generally forbid to use a 3td party SMTP server, and only allow their SMTP servers to be used.
Features are the following:
* All platforms are supported. Tested versions are:
- Windows: XP sp3 (x86), Seven Pro sp1 (x64);
- Linux: Mandriva 2011-2 (x86);
- Mac: OS X 10.7 / Lion (x64).
* Available languages are: french (fr-FR), english (en-US).
* The main feature, which is changing SMTP server, is available in a drop-down list on the right of the native "send message" button.
* This addon can only control SMTP servers of accounts which are set to use the global default SMTP server.
* Settings dialog allow to set easily mail accounts with global default SMTP server.
* The addon allows to define automatic detection rules based on IP address in order to set automatically the default SMTP server.
* The add-on provides a 'debug mode' which writes information into embedded error console (see Tools > Error Console) or in a dedicated debug log file.
* Error and warning messages are also written into error console (regardless debug mode is enabled or not).
If for any kind of reason the add-on seems not to work properly, open error console and look for messages regarding add-on which could give you information about the issue (all messages are prefixed by add-on name).
If the issue is reproducible and you think it's an add-on bug:
1. Enable debug mode and enable 'Log messages in a file'.
2. Click on 'Export settings' to create settings file.
3. Proceed again (messages will be saved in debug log file').
4. Contact us and report us relevant and maximum information regarding the issue:
- screen captures of each step of the action which leads to the issue
- screen captures of each settings tab
- settings file
- debug log file
NB: Incomplete issue reports will not be answered.
Contact (bug reports, features request, etc.): email@example.com.
NB: Usage support email will not be answered.
SMTP Switch Reborn is the sequel of SmtpSwitch.
The first idea is to make this addon compatible for TB versions >= v22.