Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Can now move messages again to target folder with recent versions of Thunderbird (e.g. 31).
- If you select both a subfolder and its ancestor folder as source folders, the same messages will no longer be considered twice.
- Fixed occasional failure to recognize MailUtils.
- Added Slovenian locale.
- [DATALOSS] When both an ancestor and descendant folder were specifically selected for a dupe search, their messages would be considered twice, and thus all apear as dupes (of themselves).
- Other minor TB version compatibility issues
- Slovenian locale added
- zh-CN locale fixed.
- Extension now users "extensions.removedupes." as its preferences prefix.
- All relevant XUL elements now have IDs.
- Now asking for additional confirmation for permanent deletion of messages
* Fixed a bug with the review dialog buttons.
* Fixed a compatibility issue with Thunderbird 2.x.
- Can now toggle keep/delete in the review dialog using the Space Bar.
- The target folder now properly defaults to the Local Folders Trash for all locales.
- Can now compare time values using a lower resolution: minute, hour, day etc.
- It is now possible to visually indicate originals folders, although the actual css has been commented-out, and this is only for Thunderbird for now.
- User gets a specific error message when only trying to search special folders, if these are set to be skipped.
- Fixed some compatibility problems with trunk builds.
- Fixed most/all cases of the checked/unchecked icons missing in the review dialog with certain themes (e.g. Mostly Crystal) on certain platforms.
- Resolved two issues regarding the use of stripped & sorted addresses for comparison.
- Resolved an issue in which the review dialog would come up empty (due to an app version detection problem).
- Can now limit the maximum number of messages processed (using a hidden pref: removedupes.limit_number_of_processed_messages).
- Fixed incorrect sorting of German dates.
- Fixed compatibility issue with several other extensions (Lightning, Image Zoom etc.) due to function name clash and app version misdetection.
- Seamonkey 2.x: Compatibility with the new customizable toolbars on.
- Seamonkey 1.x: Fixed menubutton invisibility issue.
* The checked/unchecked graphic in the review dialog now shows up properly (on Mac as well I hope).
* Now properly handling messages missing their message ID.
* Updates reflecting Mozilla trunk API changes.
* Visible boolean preference to skip or include special folders in search.
* Can now compare messages by size.
* No longer complaining about saved-search virtual folders.
* Search no longer stalls when encountering local folders with no summary file (although summary file generation is not triggered; this is planned for a future version.)
- Can now choose to search a folder for dupes without including its subfolders in the search.
- Can now mark a set of folders as containing the originals, so that only dupes of these messages are found, and the review dialog marks the 'non-original' copies for deletion.
- Search progress now reported every short while in the status bar.
- Search time-memory balance changed for search including body comparison - now using more memory and significantly less time when comparing many bodies (quicksort instead of Theta(n^2) algorithm).
- Review Dialog: Improved responsiveness when toggling 'keep' status.
* Toolbar button: Button now appears in Seamonkey (well, trunk versions, anyway; I'm having trouble with the 1.1.x versions - help is appreciated).
* Review Dialog: Criteria used in the comparison are now emboldened.
* Review Dialog: Fixed some sorting and sort column indicator issues.
* Review Dialog: You can now include the Message ID and the flags fields as displayed columns.
* Can now use the message status flags as a comparison criteria (read/unread, starred/unstarred, etc.)
* Fixed some locale mis-installation issues (pl-PL with Thunderbird, many locales with Seamonkey release).
* Added pt-BR, he-IL, ru-RU locales; thanks to the Babelzilla translators.
* Messages can now be compared by their bodies, but this comparison is 'rough' and may not work well with multi-part and/or multibyte-character-set messages.
* The extension now works more properly with IMAP and folders, not ignoring subfolders for which headers have not yet been downloaded.
* There is now a button, a Tools menu item, and a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+D) for removing duplicates.
* Review Dialog: The click behavior has changed: Single-click in the checkbox de/selects the message for deletion, single click elsewhere displays the message in the main Thunderbird/MailNews window, and double-click does nothing special.
* Review dialog 'cosmetic' improvements: The sort order is now indicated, and various choices are now persisted (dialog size, sort order, columns being hidden, etc.).
* Review Dialog: 'Last Copy' button added in addition to 'First Copy'.
* Other minor bug fixes.
- Seamonkey: Messages no longer fail to display in the 3-pane window when you click their line in the review dialog.
- Locales now maintained by the kind BabelZilla contributors - see removedupes' page there for a list of locales (we now have Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Slovak, Portugese, Italian, French, Netherlands Dutch and maybe some more).
- Tweaked review dialog mouse click behavior.
- Now informing the user that we're searching for dupes, using the status bar, while s/he is waiting.
- Move to different folder fixed! Can now move dupes to any folder you like; your move target preference is also preserved across uses.
- (Hopefully) No longer trying to search for dupes in non-mail folders (e.g. newsgroups)
- Can now compare messages by their recipient and CC lists.
- Can now sort the dupe sets in the review dialog by the various columns.
- Added a sunflower field logo.
- Non-ASCII headers (author, subject) are now handled and displayed properly.
- The review & confirmation dialog now shows the number of total dupes, dupe sets, and dupes to be kept.
- The review & confirmation dialog now has a folder picker for selecting a target folder other than the trash - but, alas, it is not yet working; an alternate folder can be used only by manually editing the hidden pref removedupes.mail.default_target_folder.
- When single-clicking a message line in the review & confirmation dialog, the message comes up in the main (3-pane) window (this doesn't work in Seamonkey for some reason, though).
- German (de-DE) localization, thanks to AlfonsName [at] netscape.net and the denizens of #email@example.com.
- A message's folder can now also be used as one of the comparison criteria (e.g. to prevent detecting messages from different folders as dupes).
- A message's folder can now also be used as one of the comparison criteria.
- The mechanism for deciding which special folders (Inbox, Trash etc.) to include in a search for dupes has been revamped. It is now controlled by the hidden preference removedupes.mail.allowed_special_folders.