: To prevent DATA LOSS, refrain from selecting both a folder and a sub-folder of it simultaneously for a dupe search, as this will cause the messages in the subfolder to be considered twice, and thus appear to be dupes (of themselves). Version 0.3.11 (to be released soon, available on the beta channel) fixes this.
Found a bug? Report it
or write me
. There's also a Seamonkey version
The original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' is missing important features, and does not have a free software license. This is a full rewrite, with an GPL-LGPL-MPL license. Performance has been improved and many features and capabilities have been added, including:
- Choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, date, etc).
- Comparison of message bodies.
- Action on multiple folders.
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu.