Review (Update) Rated 5 out of 5 stars
An update to my review for a previous version of ReminderFox
Many issues I mentioned in my previous review as limitations (like Alert Slider not showing ToDo items etc)
were already available so it was my fault that I didn't know how to make the necessary configurations.
There are nevertheless some important issues that must be addressed by the developers
to unleash the full potential of ReminderFox:
1. ToDo's should have a similar to Reminders' "Remind Daily Until Completed" option. Perhaps it should be named as "Remind Daily Until Done".
(Lists must have a similar option too).
2. The "Date Completed" must be customizable in all Reminders,ToDo's and Lists. (currently none of them have this option)
3. It would be usefull to be able to deal (in a read-write fashion) with more than one calendars like Sunbird and Lighting do.
4. Marking a Reminder or a ToDo as "Complete" from within ReminderFox doesn't work well with Lighting and Rainlendar
Apart from the issues mentioned above the add-on is badly needed for all busy firefox users and the developers show
great interest in enhancing it. An active message board which helps ReminderFox's users is present and it is a big plus.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Undoubtedly a superb -highly customizable- add-on which enhances Thunderbird and Firefox greatly. The Alert Slider /Tooltip popups are very useful and creating reminders and ToDo's is a snap. There is an option to use your own .ics calendar and integrates flawlessly with Rainlendar and Thunderbird's Lighting. The "View or Print as HTML" feature requires honorable mention and the How-To videos in the developers' site are impressive.
Here are some suggestions to the authors for further improvement in the next versions:
1. Alert Slider must be able to show ToDo items
2. Alert Slider as well as Tooltip must have a customizable window size
3. ToDo's must have a similar to "Remind Daily Until Completed" option. Perhaps it should be named as "Remind Daily Until Done".
4. The "Date Completed" must be customizable in both Reminders and ToDo's.
5. The ReminderFox calendar must show ToDo's along with Reminders when hovering over a date.
6. It would be usefull to be able to deal with more than one calendars like Sunbird and Lighting do.
7. The List Display must have an option to sort Reminders and ToDo's chronologicaly when the Date column shows names (text) instead of numbers
And here is a (perhaps) bug:
The ReminderFox calendar which appears by clicking on the status-bar Displacement (the ribbon icon in the status-bar) does not highlight the dates having attached Reminders.
Giorgos - thanks for your review. If you could, please send us a note to our list (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can find out more about your list of suggestions. I believe most every one of those suggestions are already implemented and available. It may just be a matter of not having the right preferences enabled.