Work on FF 51 (64-bit) Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Follow instruction by "cprasmussen" of February 8, 2017.
Thunderbird should pickup this add-on in make it part of TB.
Works perfectly in version 45 Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Unzip the xpi file quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.xpi
On line 14 and 22 set <em:maxVersion>52.0.*</em:maxVersion> (52 is completely random)
Zip all files to quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.zip and rename to quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.xpi
Why was this addon abandoned? Rated 5 out of 5 stars
An simple, yet extremely useful add-on which makes life easier for those of us who follow mailing lists and discussions. Why this functionality has never made it to the main TB code escapes me completely. To add insult to injury, the add-on itself has been abandoned.
Works with Thunderbird 38.1.0 Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Works with Thunderbird 38.1.0
I just had to change
<!-- Thunderbird -->
не работает плагин Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Здравствуйте, не работает Плагин на Thunderbird 31.5 Windows
Редактировал установочный файл, все равно не помогло
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
The compatibility value should be changed for this add-on, as it works PERFECTLY in TB 24.0!
This is a great extension! It makes reading messages with multiple replies SO much easier, as you can see exactly where one level ends and another level starts.
Stop counting ">"s! Use this instead!
Still works with 17.0.5 after editing install.rdf Rated 4 out of 5 stars
This add-on still works if I extract it and edit the MaxVersion in install.rdf. Could there be just a quick update to this add-on to allow it to install without hacks on modern Thunderbird versions?
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Is there a way to get this to work on TB17? It's a great add-on, but will not load on TB17.
Still works with latest version just fine if ... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
...as previously mentioned in the howto in one of the reviews, you update the maxVersion in the install.rdf.
still does not work...??! Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Modify maxVersion but In Thunderbird 14+ still does not work...??!
Total shutdown R.I.P. Rated 1 out of 5 stars
It is as if it isn't even there- and this is on TB 3.1.20.
Works with latest version just fine if ... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
...you update the maxVersion in the install.rdf as mentioned in the howto in one of the reviews. I wish the author would do this ...or at least express his desire to let someone else who is interested in doing this, take over.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Fonctionne trés bien dans Thunderbird 10 (mais il faut hacker le fichier install.rdf car l'auteur ne s'en occupe plus)
Pourquoi Mozilla ne valide pas automatiquement ce trés utile plugin ?
Easy 'do it yourself' for Tbird 10x Rated 4 out of 5 stars
A star off because I HAD to do it myself...
In config editor find the line: extensions.minCompatibleAppVersion, and change the value to 0.3.
Worked for me immediately! Be nice if the author would update this really cool add-on.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Works on Thunderbird 10.0, after modifying the max version # in the install.rdf file. The how-to looks complicated, but it's straightforward.
I would like that Mozilla changes its stupid major release frenzy.
Install Quote-Colors to current the versions of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Install Quote-Colors to current the versions of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
01. Create a new folder named Work
02. Copy quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.xpi to the Work Folder
03. In the Work folder rename quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.xpi to quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.Mod.xpi.zip
04. Extract the following folder from the quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.Mod.xpi.zip file: install.rdf to the Work Folder
05. In the Work folder open the install.rdf file in your text editor.
06. Go to Line 11 in the file or search for <em:targetApplication>
07. For Thunderbird, Go to Line 16 <em:maxVersion>#.*</em:maxVersion>
08. Change the # for the line to the current version, leaving the .* (e.g. for Version 10.2 it should read <em:maxVersion>10.*</em:maxVersion>
09. For SeaMonkey, Go to Line 24 <em:maxVersion>#.*</em:maxVersion>
10. Change the # for the line to the current version, leaving the .* (e.g. for Version 10.2.5 it should read <em:maxVersion>10.*</em:maxVersion>
11. Save the file in the Work Folder, ensuring it maintains the name of install.rdf
12. Copy install.rdf into the compressed file created in Step 03 above.
13. Verify to overwrite the existing file in the compressed file created in Step 03 above.
14. Rename quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.Mod.xpi.zip to quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.Mod.xpi
15. Open the desired application (Thunderbird/SeaMonkey)
16. Select Tools->Add-ons Manager
17. Select the option Install Add-on from File
18. Browse to the Work folder
19. Select the modified add-on installation file: quote_colors-0.3-tb+sm.Mod.xpi
20. Click okay and follow the prompts to install.
Thanks to @Robert Kofler https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/user/5914218/ and @Mozzied https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/user/4710265/ for giving me the pieces to get this great add-on to work with SeaMonkey 2.6.1
set extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0 as false Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Hi, all. You can use it after ThunderBird 8.*.
set extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0 as false,
for other versions of ThunderBird, set these keys as false.
But I hope to see a Real Update...
Quote Colors Rated 4 out of 5 stars
After I went to 2.5 and beyond I too can not use QuoteColors. at the rate the SeaMonkey Group is going we will be up to 3.0 by June. You need to get this fixed ASAP. People with Eyesight problems (like me) depend on this extension.
seamonkey 2.5 Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I used this extension for long time on my Seamonkey but after updated to 2.5 today, I can't made it work :( is a nice one, like to use it againThis user has a previous review of this add-on.
Great addon Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Just upgraded to Thunderbird 8.0b2 and it no longer works, even with compatibility reporter. Hopefully we'll see an update soon.