Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.7 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- [Bug 25764] Configurable Button to Repair the Current Folder
Make this new button visible in QuickFolders Settings > Advanced in the section Current Folder Toolbar. Making the Current Folder Toolbar always visible is highly recommended as it has some very useful commands right into center screen, such as:
- Dragable current Mail(s) Icon
- Recent Folder Button
- Message Navigation (next unread, mark thread as read and jump)
- Folder Siblings
- Customize Icon
- Filter Assistant
- Mail Folder Commands Submenu
- Repair Folder
- Optimised screen space by adding an autocollapse function for the Categories dropdown. This makes sure that the categories menu does not take up an unnecessary amount of horizontal space by collapsing to a button and can be configured in QuickFolders Settings > Advanced, under Miscellaneus.
- [Bug 26268]
Increased maximum width of popup menus for reading long folder pathes.
- [Bug 26313]
Dragging quickfolder tabs (to re-order) was broken in Thunderbird 50.0b3
- Completed Simplified Chinese Locale - thanks to YFdyh000 and Loviny at Babelzilla.org
- [Bug 26321]
Fixed unnecessary log warning 'Unreachable code after return statement'
- [Bug 26336]
Fixed: Confirmation to "Switch to Domain license?" is hidden behind options dialog.
- [Bug 26323]
Removed unnecessary space on the left of QuickFolders tabs labels
- Added Version number to subject line in Options / Support Tab / Contact Me
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 4.3beta1: