Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Quick Locale Switcher 184.108.40.206.1-signed
Allows you to quickly switch to a different language (User Interface, Spell Checker Dictionary and Website content) in your Mozilla application.
About this Add-on
* Handy tool for all people involved with multilingual usage of Mozilla applications.
* Switches the Mozilla User Interface language (general.useragent.locale preference)
* Switches the accept_language preference, so complete websites will be translated. (if the http accept language header is supported, e.g. like Google does)
* Switches the Spell Checker Dictionary preference. (if supported by your Mozilla application)
* Remembers the dictionary and content locale for each site and automatically switches when you load that site. It also tries to detect the language of sites itself, and if found automatically switches to that language. In Thunderbird the automatic switching is based on e-mail addresses.
* Auto restarts the application in versions 1.4+ (only if needed)
* Includes country flag icons for 'all' countries by famfamfam.com.
* Displays the flag of the currently selected locale on your statusbar.
* Add 3 of your own custom defined locales.
* Select from a list of ~200 locales which locales should be visible in the menu.
* Select which settings you want to switch.
* Quickly switch back to the previously selected locale by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + Q.
* Available for Firefox 1.0 - 3.0, Thunderbird 1.0 - 2.0, NVU 1.0, Mozilla Suite 1.7, Seamonkey, Sunbird, Flock and Netscape
* Available in: en-US, nl-NL, fr-FR, it-IT, de-DE, es-ES, tr-TR, ko-KR, pl-PL, cs-CZ, bg-BG, pt-PT, sl-SI, zh-CN, sk-SK, ru-RU, fy-NL, zh-TW, pt-BR, da-DK, lt-LT, ja-JP-mac, gl-ES, sq-AL, he-IL, en-GB, fa-IR, km-KH, uk-UA, hr-HR, be-BY, ro-RO, es-AR, hu-HU, nb-NO, fi-FI, ca-AD, ar, ml-IN, wa-BE, is-IS, mk-MK
* Note! After adding the toolbar button (menu View/toolbars/Customize) you need to restart your Mozilla application before it actually works
***NO Restart is required***
The restart of your Browser/Mail application is only required if you want to switch the user interface language. So not if you only need to switch the dictionary. You can choose what you want to switch in the settings window, by default it switches both the user interface and the spellchecker dictionary.
***NO Restart is required***
For detailed help and information, visit the forum
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
Quick Locale Switcher is working with Superfish to create Wizeshoppy which let you instantly compare prices and see similar items as you shop. It will help you in finding the best prices.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Copy Link Name may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Compliance with children's online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on January 08, 2013