This extension shows two basic pieces of information in the incoming email header pane:
- Was the connection encrypted at all the time when this message was sent between servers?
- Which large corporations had a copy of this message and, theoretically, could read it?
There is an emoticon showing the state of encryption. Click on the emoticon and you'll see a list of connections which were made before this message arrived in your inbox, and state of encryption of each of them.
- Yellow super-happy emoticon = connection encrypted at all times, and hasn't passed any known big corporations
- Yellow happy emoticon = connection encrypted on the public Internet
- Blue sad emoticon = 1 connection not encrypted
- Red terrified emoticon = message sent more than 1 time unencrypted, on the public network (internet)
The symbols in the list of connections are as following:
- ✓ - encrypted
- ✗ - unencrypted
- ⌂ - unencrypted, but in a local network
On the left of the emoticon, small icons of internet corporations are displayed. Hold your mouse over the logo to see the name of a corporation. The list is not very complete and you're welcome to contribute new entries on Github