Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Simple and secure password management. Login automatically, never forget another password, stay in control of your passwords and improve their security. Powered by the world-renowned KeePass Password Safe.
About this Add-on
KeeFox connects Firefox to KeePass Password Safe, the most popular open source (and free) password manager.
Here are just a few of the reasons to use KeeFox:
- Secure and automatic login to all your favourite websites, even for sites with multiple login "steps" or pages
- Your passwords stay under your control, protected by the respected KeePass Password Safe application and available to all applications on your computer
- Free and open source with no adverts
Further information can be found at http://keefox.org
Note that this add-on will install KeePass Password Safe 2 on your computer if it is not already installed; KeePass requires the Microsoft .NET framework which will also be installed for you if required.
The built-in Firefox password manager will no longer prompt you to save passwords after you install this add-on. Any existing data will not be affected but you are strongly advised to delete any stored passwords from your Firefox password store in order to increase the security of your personal data and to avoid possible confusion in future. However, KeeFox will not work correctly if you clear your saved passwords every time Firefox closes.
Thunderbird support is in beta testing. Please see this page for more information and ask on the forum if you need help. http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/keefox/wiki/Manual/Thunderbird
If you would like to try KeeFox and it is not working for you, please use the help resources at http://keefox.org/help since requests for support within review comments will most-likely remain un-noticed for many months.
You should pay particular attention to the getting started tutorial, any advice at the top of that page and the troubleshooting section of the manual.
If you would like to try KeeFox and it is not working for you, please use the help resources at http://keefox.org/help since requests for support within review comments will most-likely remain un-noticed.
You should pay particular attention to the getting started tutorial, the troubleshooting tips at the bottom of that page and the troubleshooting section of the manual.
I consider locking the world's information away in propriety and secret formats a fundamental error that is all too common even among otherwise intelligent people. Sometimes it's difficult to find open-standard alternatives that work well so pragmatism is important; for password management there is now an alternative.
- Updated KeeFox to work with Firefox 44
- Matched password notifications were too invisible for some users and too visible for others so this version reveals them for localisers to translate and also offers an option to disable them for those that see them too often
- Enables KeePass synchronisation option when saving to an externally modified KeePass database
- Protect against a possible "nsIHttpChannel" bug in non-standard versions of Firefox (e.g. CyberFox)
- HTTP Auth dropdown list of logins now displays the first URL listed within each matching KeePass entry
- Improved notification box style for FireFox 44 users
- Updated translations for lots of languages
- HTTP Auth matched logins are not ordered by relevance in the dropdown popup (#568)
- "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string" error message (#544)
- "Input string was not in a correct format" error message (#567)
- Log level selection did not work in non-English locales
Supported Firefox versions: 29+
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.6.0b1:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
KeeFox does not collect any personally identifiable information from you. No private data will be collected at any time; the URLs you visit and the contents of your password database entries will never be collected.
KeeFox will collect the following basic system information: Operating system; Browser; KeeFox addon version; Browser language; .NET framework version; KeePass version.
KeeFox will optionally collect usage statistics which will typically include things like which parts of the KeeFox user interface you clicked on, changes you've made to default options, errors that occurred within KeeFox and basic statistics about the KeePass databases being used, such as how many databases you have opened.
Data is sent securely to a private server. The data will be processed using statistical analysis software to help find common problems and improve decisions regarding future development. Occasionally, we may publicly release reports containing aggregate data and summaries from the collected information.
You can find out more about the part of KeeFox that manages the collection of this data at https://github.com/luckyrat/KeeFox/wiki/en-|-Metrics-collection
Any significant changes to this policy will be announced on the official KeeFox.org website. You can be notified of changes by subscribing to the updates on the website via email or RSS. Insignificant changes such as spelling corrections, re-wording for clarity, etc. may not be announced. All changes will also be included in the release notes of the next version of KeeFox.
Last updated: 2014-02-12
Mozilla also collects basic statistics on all of your installed add-ons when Firefox checks for updates to your add-ons. The Mozilla Firefox privacy statement contains more information about this and Firefox privacy in general.