Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Simple and secure password management. Login automatically, never forget another password, stay in control of your passwords and improve their security. Powered by the world-renowned KeePass Password Safe.
About this Add-on
KeeFox connects Firefox to KeePass Password Safe, the most popular open source (and free) password manager.
Here are just a few of the reasons to use KeeFox:
- Secure and automatic login to all your favourite websites, even for sites with multiple login "steps" or pages
- Your passwords stay under your control, protected by the respected KeePass Password Safe application and available to all applications on your computer
- Free and open source with no adverts
Further information can be found at http://keefox.org
Note that this add-on will install KeePass Password Safe 2 on your computer if it is not already installed; KeePass requires the Microsoft .NET framework which will also be installed for you if required.
The built-in Firefox password manager will no longer prompt you to save passwords after you install this add-on. Any existing data will not be affected but you are strongly advised to delete any stored passwords from your Firefox password store in order to increase the security of your personal data and to avoid possible confusion in future. However, KeeFox will not work correctly if you clear your saved passwords every time Firefox closes.
Thunderbird support is in beta testing. Please see this page for more information and ask on the forum if you need help. http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/keefox/wiki/Manual/Thunderbird
If you would like to try KeeFox and it is not working for you, please use the help resources at http://keefox.org/help since requests for support within review comments will most-likely remain un-noticed for many months.
You should pay particular attention to the getting started tutorial, any advice at the top of that page and the troubleshooting section of the manual.
If you would like to try KeeFox and it is not working for you, please use the help resources at http://keefox.org/help since requests for support within review comments will most-likely remain un-noticed.
You should pay particular attention to the getting started tutorial, the troubleshooting tips at the bottom of that page and the troubleshooting section of the manual.
I consider locking the world's information away in propriety and secret formats a fundamental error that is all too common even among otherwise intelligent people. Sometimes it's difficult to find open-standard alternatives that work well so pragmatism is important; for password management there is now an alternative.
- Display the "save password?" dialog less frequently
- A new (default enabled) KeePassRPC option automatically stores passwords that were auto-generated for KeeFox in a special "KeeFox Generated Password Backups" group
- More accurate form-filling of radio buttons in some situations
- Support for Firefox changes introduced in versions 44, 46 and 47
- Improved detection of and advice about invalid KeePass entry configurations
- Prevented some duplicate UUID possibilities
- Other general code and text improvements
New minimum system requirements:
- Firefox 32
- KeePass 2.19
- .NET Framework 4
Please see http://keefox.org/news/detail/2016/03/02/keefox-16 for more information about the new minimum system requirements, especially if you use Windows 7 or earlier.
Upgrades from KeeFox versions earlier than 1.3 will require manual intervention so it is recommended to upgrade to an intermediate version first.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.6.1b1: