Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
The editing features (changing headings only or the entire source code of the message) are accessible from the menu "Message" -> "HeaderToolsLite" or from the context menu in message panel.
The edit function of the entire source code should be used with caution, because a wrong change can cause problems in displaying all the messages in the folder. Moreover, it could work not properly with some characters and some encodings.
Options for extension:
- Put the original message to the Trash (default = true): the changes are made by creating a copy of the original message. This option controls whether the original message goes to the Trash folder, or is deleted.
- Forcing changes with IMAP accounts (default = true): some IMAP servers, such as Gmail, do not accept changes if some basic headers (date, sender, the message id, object) are not modified . With this option enabled, the changes are forced by changing the date of the message of 1 second.
- Add the header X-HeaderToolsLite (default = false): by enabling this option, every time a change is adding a header that describes the type of change and its time and date.
- Keyboard shortcuts: they are disabled by default.
- more user friendly interface to edit the date of the message
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Thunderbird because of the following: