Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
Some outstanding features:
- Account type independent (works with POP3, IMAP ...)
- Notification messages can be customized with header data
- Works with IMAP accounts which does not poll new messages from the server
- Works when application is running in the background/is hidden
- Growl working on the system
- growlnotify command line utility in /usr/local/bin/ (with correct permissions)
Some Thunderbird preferences which have something to do with the behaviour of the extension:
- Tools -> Account Settings... -> Server Settings -> Check for new messages ...
- For IMAP folders: Properties... -> General Information -> Check this folder for new messages
- For POP3 accounts: Tools -> Account Settings... -> Server Settings -> Automatically download new messages has to be checked
- The nature (inbox, bulk ...) of folders
- Enable mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new for notification on all folders by default (useful when using filters)
Do not forget to set Check for new messages every ... minutes on POP3 accounts or on IMAP accounts which do not support checking for new messages without polling!
The almost general rule is something like this: if normal Thunderbird biff would be triggered (bouncing dock icon for example) then you will get Growl notification. (Note: normal biffs do not need to be enabled, this extension only uses roughly the same rules as normal biffs to decide if you want a notify.)
Stickiness should be enabled through Growl preference panel in system preferences and not through application.
Please do understand that this extension works only on Mac OS X.