Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Awesome! I installed the xpi from dlech's github page (https://github.com/dlech/gmailbuttons/tree/IMAP_fetch_test) and he actually made it happen! I know it is still very early stages but he has real gmail labels working!
Maybe there will finally be a proper, unified solution to managing gmail in thunderbird using the tools available.
My dream for thunderbird and gmail:
- Only IMAP sync the all mail folder and trash folder.
- Keeps only one copy of any given email on your system.
- Use gmail X-GM-LABELS to create the inbox and sent folders by searching the All Mail folder for the proper label. Then when you archive a email out of the inbox it will delete the X-GM-LABEL for inbox.
- Use gmail X-GM-LABELS to create smart search folders for labels
- Use X-GM-THRID id's to create the conversation views. Gmail already does the work (more accurately than thunderbird conversations)
Can anyone make this happen?
Props to polybizman for getting into the source code.
I have good news: The folks behind Thunderbird are actually planning on making suggestions above,or something very like it, a part of the core Thunderbird product. (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=721316).