Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Gmail Buttons 0.5.1 Requires Restart
Adds message-specific buttons to Thuderbird that are consistent with the way Gmail handles Trash and Spam.
TB<16 Users - Download here.
About this Add-on
* Before using, make sure you have followed the recommended settings here.
In Gmail's IMAP interface, the IMAP folders correspond to Labels in the Gmail web interface. Some of the labels, namely Spam and Trash, perform special functions behind the scenes. This can cause some unexpected results. For example if you set Thunderbird to move deleted items to the [Gmail]/Trash folder,you will get autosaved drafts and other unwanted items showing up in the Trash and All Mail folders in Gmail.
This plugin modifies Thunderbird to function according to Gmail's rules by doing the following:
- Adds a Trash button that moves a message to the [Gmail]/Trash folder
- Replaces the Junk button with a Spam button that moves junk mail to the [Gmail]/Spam folder
- NEW in v0.5.0! Displays Gmail labels for messages and allows users to delete labels. (Works in TB16 only.)
Thunderbird 17 and higher: If you want working Gmail labels please download from the development channel. Feedback is always appreciated. Note, Oauth2 authentication introduced in TB 38 is not supported yet. Please see this for a workaround.
- Fix 'FETCH UID' error message on non-GMail IMAP accounts.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.7.0b1: