Gantt View lives! Now compatible with the final release of sunbird (1.0b1) and Lightning 22.214.171.124b2.
This version is more than just a compatibility update. New features include:
- Faster performance (although it can still get chunky when using long timeframes ("Weeks in View" above 10 or so depending on the number of events).
- Updated skin - matches the current lightning skin, with a better indication of selected items. Tasks show the "task" icon like in the other views with a green check to indicate a completed tasks
- Support for recurring events/tasks
- New toolbar buttons
- "Group by Calendar" - groups items by calendar rather than in a single combined chronological order
- "Show/Hide Progress Bars" - toggles display of progress bars on calendar and task items
- Mark tasks complete by clicking the task icon on a selected itembox
- Misaligned day columns - Occasionally the day column widths will not line up with the headers and events. This is a result of the dynamic resizing to suit different system fonts coupled with a difficulty in "measuring" objects due to the timings of when code is executed and objects are drawn.
This can be alleviated by forcing a redraw of the screen - click on "Today" or move forward/back a week.
While I intend to address this in the future, I don't think it is a serious problem.