Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
It is important to note that an e-mail can be signed by an arbitrary domains. A valid DKIM signature alone is therefore not an indicator for a trustworthy e-mail. Always check who the signer is to determine if an e-mail is trustworthy!
In some cases, the absence of a DKIM signature can be useful to identify scam e-mails. If it is known that a certain domain is signing all its e-mails with DKIM, the absence of a DKIM signature is a strong indicator for a forged e-mail.
To ease the checking of if and by who an e-mail is signed, the add-on supports the use of sign rules. With sign rules it is possible to specify that e-mails from a certain sender have to be always signed by a specific domain (also referred to as SDID). More about sign rules at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/wiki/Sign-rules.
A description of all the available add-on options can be found at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/wiki/Options.
Support is given at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/issues, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2704121 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (in English or German).
The preferred way to report bugs is by creating an issue at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/issues.
- Authentication-Results header: reading of the ARH can now be set for each account
- Authentication-Results header: added option to only trust specific authentication servers
- Authentication-Results header: continue verification if there is no DKIM result in the ARH header
- Authentication-Results header: allow also unknown property types to be compliant with RFC 7601
- Authentication-Results header: fixed bug if ARH header exists, but no message authentication was done
- libunbound resolver: no longer blocks the UI of Thunderbird
- libunbound resolver: changing preferences no longer needs a restart
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Thunderbird because of the following:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
This will happen every time an e-mail with a DKIM Signature is viewed.
If the use of DMARC is enabled additional DNS lookups may be done, even if not DKIM signed e-mail are viewed.