|User since||March 5, 2010|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Google Groups stopped working !!! Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Some weeks ago ( can't be more precise ) Google Groups stopped working.
Disabling the addon brings Google Groups back to life.
Could you please have a look at that ?
Promising Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I find this addon very interesting. After some use I found the following problems :
- Severe interference with 'FloatNotes' addon ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/floatnotes/?src=ss ) ... which is another very interesting addon I already use.
- Before installing MAF ... when I read in the spanish main page “Guarda EXACTAMENTE lo que ve” which translated to english comes to “it saves EXACTLY what you see” ... I got extremelly excited. I like customizing Firefox very much (the default zoom size and the default font size) ... on the other hand I am a heavy user of Adblock Plus , Element Hiding Helper for ABP ... and Ghostery. When I made various tests and found the saved pages with different zoom and font sizes ... and some gifs, frames and BANNERS around ... I couldn't avoid feeling disappointed.
- The yellow strip at the top when recovering a saved page is annoying.
- Sometimes the options 'Save as...' , 'Save page in archive as...' , 'Save tabs in archive as...' and 'Save all tabs in archive as...' from the submenu 'Mozilla Archive Format' at Tools menu ... ... sometimes these options DISAPPEAR from the menu ... not greyed but disappear !!!
All in all ... I repeat, I find the addon very interesting ... but I can't afford it by now. I would love to use it in the future.
Ps.- I have tested MAF 2.0.6 in Firefox 12.0 over Kubuntu Oneiric amd64.
One Question Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Very interesting addon. In my particular case, what I would really need is the addon to keep operative even when tabs are NOT on top of navigation bar but below it (the classical way) . I would also need the tabs to be able to autohide ... in fact what I would REALLY NEED is a FULL SCREEN behaviour ... BUT ... with a light ERGONOMY change : now, when moving the cursor to the top of the screen in order to see the navigation bar and tab bar ... the whole page pumps down and up (even my glasses pumps down and up)... it is very unconfortable. I have seen the video about this addon ... and when the navigation bar appears it overlays the content of the screen without pumping down the content of the browser ... that's the good way ... and the question is : Could this behaviour be implemented to the Fullscreen mode ??????This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.1-signed.1-signed).
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Version 22.214.171.124 does NOT work on Firefox 3.6.13 ... and the extension preference link is broken in Ubuntu Linux.
Good Job Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Version 0.5 it´s been a good step forward. Please make this fantastic addon even better. Thank you for your work.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.5). This user has other reviews of this add-on.
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Selecting some text ... right click (context menu) ... hovering "Translate Selected Text" entry in order to click it (to finally translate) but ... the entry disappear from the context menu. :-(
Selecting some text ... right click (context menu) ... selecting "Translate Selected Text" entry using cursor keys ... enter ... and nothing happens ... :-(
Status bar icon & Status bar language label do NOT appear ... :-(
All this happened just after upgrading to 0.4 . I don´t know if there is any interaction problem ... but with 0.3 things worked ...
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
It is close to be brilliant ... maybe keeping polishing a little bit more. For instance, assuming 'Context menu items' is activated ... some suggestions :
- Quick Translator item in the context menu shouldn´t appear if there were NO text selected. It
should dynamically appear just when there were a text selection ... not always.
- On behalf of ergonomy, I think 'Translated Selected Text' could appear simply as 'translate'
directly in the context menu (not in a sub-menu). For those of us who run it through context
menu it is much more confortable just right-clicking and choose the item instead of diving through
- I would remove item 'Languages' from the context menu (or submenu) because a regular user
just set it up once and usually keep it unchanged. If you need to change the language once in a
term you can do it through the toolbar button or status bar icon ... having the list of all different
languages in an scrollable menu occupying a good part of the screen ... can be gimmicky ... but
not much convenient.
In any case, let me thank you for such worthy addon. Even though, it can be improved, so far it is simply very, very good. Congratulations ! ! !
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Great addon ... do you plan to implement compatibility with Thunderbird 3 ?This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.2.6).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I have no word to express how superb this extension is . . . my godness ! ! !This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.6).
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Sometimes, while you are doing whatever, you just need to have a quick look at Thunderbird. Well, in case you have the add-on customized so that the icon is always on the system tray, I think the most confortable and quick way to have this quick view would be : tapping on the system tray icon (TB gets maximized) ; having the quick view ; tapping again on the system tray icon (TB gets minimized). With only TWO taps and without moving the pointer at all, you could have this powerful and confortable behaviour. If you plan to improve the add-on in the future, I think providing the system tray icon the capability to minimize Thunderbird would be a good thing. Anyway I have to say your add-on is a great and very useful extension. Thank you.