Add extra features and styles to make SeaMonkey your own.Close
|User since||August 20, 2008|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
You don't need that if you have the PATIENCE to disable the "non-intrusive ad" option each time after the update of adblock plus in future.
Why need to waste your precious time to change a non-trustworthy addon setting on a per-update basis?
Wow. Firefox looks really cool with this addon. A brilliant idea.
Thanks a lot for the effort of developer.
5 stars indeed!
Great implementation for restoring the usability in ABP 1.3.x (i.e. w/o any junk). However, a filter migration helper may be needed for assisting users to switch from ABP 2.0.x to adblock lite, as the filter format are not the same in 2 addons.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.4.2).
"Switch to current tab" is somehow buggy in detecting currently opened web pages, preventing the browser to open a page not yet opened.
This is as annoying as "tab tearing feature", which ends up that I have to install extensions to disable these 2 annoying features....
Here is an extract from the policy:
"Automatic Information We Collect From the Extension service: When you use the Extension service, we collect information about the websites you visit and the advertisements that you see on those websites, the searches you perform using search engines and when you use the "search" function of the Extension service, the ways in which you use various Extension service features (including whether the Extension service is still installed on your computer), and the pages you view. ......."
Will avoid this addon forever.
keep on re-trying on the videos with country block, w/o loading the videos successfully....This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.1.1-signed).
When coming to history cleanup, this tool serves its purpose well.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.41.1-signed).
A great tool to clean up the bookmarks.
Its detection of web page status is quite accurate, very promising!
This addon is amazing. I agree with the developer that it is the best search extension available in various popular browsers. (With that, I can simply remove several search addons....)
Here are some suggestions to make the addon even more awesome:
It is better if it has the following features:
1. an option to set the size of "search panel" launched by ctrl+shift+f
2. an option to set url bar instant search to only load history/bookmark, but not to query and load any suggestions from search engine
3. an option to set search engine instant search based on what user has typed in real time (with a time delay value to specify) but not to make query for and based on the search engine suggestions
4. conduct site search of current web page using google, allowing user to specify query before googling.
[The content below is edited after developer's first feedback on 25 Dec 2011]
First, okay ... already changed the rating to 5 stars to reflect the huge capability possessed by such addon.
For suggestion 1, because I find that the findbar may not fit well if we have installed some stylesheet using stylish (e.g. scrollbar modification), so allowing the bar to freely resize and remembering the setting may help for the case. I believe this case may occur if some users use themes rather than default theme as well.
For suggestion 2 &amp; 3: this may fit well for those privacy-concern users (some may not want a work-in-progress query to be sent out for search suggestion from google when searching in other engines), or those less relying on search suggestion (like me)
For suggestion 4: yes I mean that capability exactly. I believe a top search addon should have this implemented and can be executed with ease, in which your addon does very well in such aspect. This is a must considering the poor accuracy of most sites' search function .... (will try this function later) Such great capability is better to be documented for users' reference as well.
[update 2 on 27 Dec 2011]
For suggestion 1, the best solution I can think of is the same as the one you suggest, an option to set the width/height of the search panel.
BTW, if you hope more people will find your addon, I suggest you opening a thread in the forum of mozillazine. Generally, there are many power users there, and they may also contribute great ideas for your addon as well. It may serve as your "support forum" as well.
Very helpful for testing addon before installation in the main profile.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.3).
The addon works well.
Great. With the option set in version 1.0, this addon is in par with the one in google chrome.
Well done! 5 star indeed.
An outstanding lightweight tab management tool. It has the best features that I need.
About:cache is not useful for viewing cache items, but this one does the job perfectly.
A good combination with better cache.
A good tool for privacy protection against cross-site request!
Just get this addon to speed up my work flow. Works great!
BTW, the "End-User License Agreement" demonstrates the developer has a sense of humor.
After reading others' review, using the addon for several days, I am quite disappointed with the motive behind such version 2.0.1:
The addon enforces “Allow non-intrusive advertising” setting since version 2.0.
This is NOT a default opt-out, which do not respect users and not let them voluntarily choose to opt in.
Also, the developer seems having a motive to dilute users' incentive to check the filter list by the following ways:
1. the filter list (either custom or subscribed) no longer show up its content by default, you need to right click in the filter preference to make the filter content appear.
2. the allowance of "non-intrusive" ads is misleading, the judgement is not based on what users perceive as "non-intrusive" but simply based on the agreements made between developer and the site owners, the decision of unblocking is made by developer for the users. Due to such conflict of interest, it may probably ends up like this: "pay me $, otherwise I will block you".
3. if users are willing to support some of favorite sites, they can easily achieve that by custom filters or even disable ABP on per site basis. There is no such need for the "new function", if simply based on users' needs.
4. The option is enabled by default, with an opt-out choice to be made by users. Since the need for users to support their favorite site can be achieved by other ways as mentioned in point 3, the only motive behind that is to force some of unaware users to accept that by default. (i.e. a psychological bias trick)
5. the non-intrusive ad whitelist's content will not show up by default, the only way to make it show up, is to change setting via about:config. This prevents normal users to view the list easily in addon option, and hence keep track with what ads developer has unblocked for the users in long run.
To conclude, version 2.0.1 is pushed towards us, only for the sake of generating a source of revenue to developers by taking advantage of those unaware users or normal users who can't figure out how the whitelist actually works.
P.S.: the filter preference layout is worse than before as well, not user friendly for filter edition at all.
If your firefox has many addons installed, its addon manager may freeze up for several seconds before it is ready for interaction.
The speed-up is quite noticeable if you have many addons installed.
With this addon and a mouse with forward/backward functions, you can have a less clustered UI and manage tab history with ease.