NOTE: PLEASE WRITE BUG REPORTS INTO BUGZILLA OR AS MAIL (mailing list/directly) - NOT IN THE COMMENTS!
SyncKolab reads a selected Imap folder and synchronizes it with the local address book and calendar. It uses vCard/iCal/xml as format. Using shared-IMAP folders or a Kolab server (www.kolab.org
) you can achieve almost fully collaboration functionality (there is an autosync option).
It is a good idea to install lightning http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/index.html
in order to be able to use the full functionality (calendar and task sync) - but it works without it if you only need contact sync.
There are clients for android, ios, outlook and more available.
Make sure that you specify a different folder for each type of sync (one for calendar one for contacts and one for tasks) - mixing types is not a good idea!
For nightly builds check out htttp://www.gargan.org/extensions/
Source code is available on https://github.com/corinis/synckolab
For configuration info check out http://www.gargan.org/en/Mozilla_Extensions/SyncKolab/Installation/
Again: Please do not write issues in the comment section (I can only reply once!). Please write a bug in bugzilla
or write me directly.
- Make sure that you have at least one IMAP account setup (synckolab does not work with POP!)
- Check if you have at least one address book other than "collected" addresses
- If no Calendar has yet been created, create one.
- Make sure not to use the "collected address" address book for sync. Use another one (you can copy collected addresses to this).
- You can manualle set the logging level to debug by adding:
user_pref("SyncKolab.debugLevel", 3); to your prefs.js. This should give more output when even configuration does not seem to work.
- Try installing the most current nightly from http://www.gargan.org/en/Mozilla_Extensions/SyncKolab/CVS_Nightly/ (but make a backup of your data first!)
- you can also checkout the FAQ on http://www.gargan.org/en/Mozilla_Extensions/SyncKolab/FAQ/