Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
All credit and thanks to Alexey Vesnin for the move and code to gracefully migrate existing user prefs. Thanks Alexey!
* Mark some tests as known failures, to identify for long-term fixing
* Add error checking for security level preference to correct invalid values
* Remove unused preference 'show_label'
* Internal code cleanup (fix === checks; remove dead code; fix addProgressListener usage)
* Add wrapper functions to retrieve preferences, overrideService, and stringbundle strings
Fixes one bug where 'root_prefs' object was not initialized;
but overall removes the need to intitialize the Perspectives object at all.
It can and should handle its own internal state.
This starts to isolate the usage of direct browser internals,
which would be required to port to other browsers.
Also makes the code much more stable and testable.
* Clean up the init code to use the new wrapped preference and stringbundle functions
* Fix typos and whitespace in localization files
* Fix unit tests to use === instead of ==
* Fix return value for get_quorum_duration(). Fixing the tests in the previous item exposed this bug.
* Fix use of quorum_size for key_weakly_seen_by_quorum(). It's actually used now. (GH 89)
* Fix the tooltip used by Perspectives icon during location changes (GH 112)
* Fix icon status for location change events - only set the icon spinning for https sites (GH 113)
* Fix call to XMLHttpRequest constructor to use 'new' - compatability fix for the upcoming Firefox 30 (GH 108)
* Update German translations (thanks Patrick!)
* Unlock Dutch and Finnish translations (thanks Alf and Ville!). These translations are not fully complete, but enabling them at least lets people see *some* text in their desired language.
* Remove perspectives1.networknotary.org from the set of default notaries. This notary needs to be upgraded before it can be used full-time.
* Fix the 'Learn More' button (thanks to Jens for the bug report!) (GH 100)
* Fix text display in results window for pages with insecure content
* Grey-out the default notary textbox to indicate it cannot be edited
* Refactor unit tests: unit test js file is now optionally installed with the rest of the extension (this makes it run properly under newer versions of Firefox) (GH 74)
* Remove several global variables; convert to local with 'var'
* Add new whitelist icon (image file added, but code not hooked up yet)
* Minor improvements to the makefile formatting and output
* When sending requeries, only send to notaries that haven't yet replied
* Make the Preferences and Report Attack windows resizable
* In the Preferences window, set proper default height and width for Notary Server textboxes
* In the Results window, expand the results textbox vertically to fill available space
+ Fill in missing strings for (zh-CN). Many more thanks to our translators!
- Add Perspectives icons to alt-tab
- Display key age
- Several UI Improvements
- Several bug fixes
See http://perspectives-project.org/blog/ for details