Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||April 10, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
A regex editor that actually works! Rated 4 out of 5 stars
A very nice extension.
Only problem I can see is that there is no way to save a regex once you've built it.
1) make the 'expression' text box multi-line, so you can split complex ones down for readability
2) option to test on only a highlighted portion - i.e. if a new bit of text in the middle of the 'search text' entry makes the regex fail, being able to test the first part of the regex only by highlighting it and clicking 'test'. Otherwise you have to strip back the latter part of the regex to find where the problem is, and that gets a bit tedious.
3) the 'result' box needs a little work - doing \1\2\3 type replacements doesn't show the result properly.
neat addon, but the whitelist needs a little work Rated 2 out of 5 stars
The concept is so obvious and neat, and you get to see where the web authors cheated for what appear to be clever menus!
However, the whitelist control needs a little work.
1) it doesn't feature any filtering on the url, so hasn't the intelligence to ignore protocols (and doesn't tell you the format to use either).
2) having a right-click option to do the add-to would be nice.