Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||May 28, 2013|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Hi dude! I love this add-on. Working in my FF 21.0!
1• The floating header only works for WEB search; it doesn't show the floating header if you search IMAGES or VIDEOS. It would be complete your add-on if it support these kind of search. For this inconvenient Betterfox deserve 4 stars, but i give you 5 stars for your motivation.
2• Also i would like to see another button to "Go to bottom". I recognize that it wouldn't be useful than "Back to top", but sometimes, it would be another perfect companion.
3• I make a style in Stylish (add-on) for BetterFox (just find "betterfox" in stylish site). And really i would like to take off the title of the "Back to top" link, to just see the image. I'm newbie with CSS, and i try to learn. (i had learned how to hide some things, but, really i can't hide the text of the link. With this feature, really, i'll like if you could just post the CSS code needed to do that instead to just implement this feature in a new version of your add-on. This way i learn how to hide this kind of things. I'll really appreciate if you help me with it. Anyway, if you hide the text in that link in a new BetterFox version, really i would be happy to if you teach me how it should be performed with CSS.
(Just in case, i didn't post a link to the style cuz i know that it could be considered spam to promote the style. That's, that's not the sense of this post in any way)
I love this addon. It's the best.
(Suggestion, (just in case), please, don't drop your toolbar in the future. At first i put Keefox icons in a Personal Toolbar (when you press "add new toolbar" button in the "Customize Toolbar" windows) aside so other toolbar icons, and hide the Keefox's toolbar. But sometimes, when i try addons; userstyles or userscrpts, i encounter that "something" broke my Personal toolbar. It dissapears and i have to "build" it in every restart. But sinse i put the addon's icons in Keefox's toolbar, nothing broked it. Also some other addons have toolbar too, but in some of them you CAN'T move or arrange the icons within. In Keekox toolbar you can.
SO, good for people that want keefox 's icons, but the toolbar; and also good for people that need an extra toolbar to cluttered it of icons.)
(Thanks again, and forgive my bad english)
Good. It works. (i love the icon btw)
An option to take off the status-bar icon. I have toolbars cluttered of icons and i arrange them by some similar action or category. The problem with the status-bar is that i can't move or eliminate the icon. I have some "developer" toolbar icon agrouped in the addon-bar and your icon is in a place that a can't move it aside my other toolbar icons. With your toolbar icon is enough for me, i can move it alongside my other developer tools, but what is the sense of have a toolbar icon repeated twice in a toolbar (addon-bar + status-bar)?
Please, consider that.
Hi guy! Works in my XP SP3 with FF21.0. Very useful when i have pasted some text in the search-bar that i don't want to loose.
A• integrate ALL my current installed search engines.
B• replace the "search with google" with search engine's favicon.
C• replace the "Search" button with an icon.
D• scroll my search engines by scrolling the mouse wheel only in any blank area of the about:newtab (to make compatible with "Wheelclear" add-on)
E• also select search engine by popup menu when click in the favicon. (like native search-bar)
F• popup menu compatible with folders (see "Organize Search Engines" add-on)
G• option to show the search engine name in the input field.
H• option to put the favicon and the "Search" icon button inside or outside the input field.
I• option to choose the input field colors (font and background) (useful to give the user the freedom to maintain harmony with stylished About:newtabs)
At least the first suggestion, will gonna make your add-on more versatile and much more useful yet, cuz at this moment (version 1.0.2), your add-on could be considered partially useful.
Anyway, your add-on works. That's what i give you five stars.
mmm, looks interesting. But i only use google. It could be more usefull (and productive) if it just list my own search engines (the search engines that i have installed in the search-bar), and not those what you think i could use. Also i think that you must put an option to let the user hide the bookmarks and/or change as they wish.
At this moment, it looks more a sugestive way to make the user go to the those bookmarked items than something realy productive.
I give you 5 stars for your motivation.
It Works! I can't beleave it. A highlighter that works.
A• the "A" icon i think that should have the same heigth than others. (to maintein some harmony, imho)
B• the search and clear icons have a white background and they realy don't looks very fine in dark Personas (or themes). I think that they should have a transparent background (like undo).
C• Also to improve icon's readability (make them more distinguishable, at least for dark theming UI configurations) you could change the clear, find and undo icon for a dark gliph style icon for defaut or whiteness themes, with an option to change these icons to a darkness set for dark themes or Personas.
Hi guy!I just want to say you that i an a lover of "Xclear", but this, THIS ROCKS!!! Oh yeah.Suggestion: I just happened a option (or not) to clear when scrool down, and paste when you scrool up (or vicevesa).
(Edited: more ideas)
• Also a thing that happened in my mind was make it with three functions: Clear; Copy and paste.
in some of these actions: scrool up; scrool down; and wheel click.
• Also, copy a selected text in the page, by making some whell action (scrool or click) could be interesting. (There is exist some auto-copy add-ons here in AMO, but they could be problematic couse frecuently we have copied in the clipboard text that don't have to loose or text that we gonna use in a while)
Just ideas, you know. ANYWAY, it's ok, it works, it's VERY usefull.
Hi again! I used this all those years up to i knew your "Wheelclear". Two fabulous add-ons. Thank you so much for this explendid stuff.
Suggestion: (Forgive me if you think that this shouln't be posted here)
• I use another tiny addon (here in AMO) but with a very usefull functionality. it's named "Scrool search engines". As you could imagine it's scroll through the search engines in the search-bar when you hover the search-bar (even without need to focus it). Fortunely "Wheelclear" works EVERYWHERE, except in the search-bar, couse "Scrool search engines" overides "Wheelclear". So, at this point evertthing's fine, but Which is the way to clear the search-bar in a easy way?
In a sense, "Wheelclear" was builded as a better replacement to "Xclear". So it's a nonsense have both instaled. But, if you consider the case that i exposed, "Xclear" could be in the ride once again.
I think that if you put an option to make xclear works (appears) ONLY in the search-bar, i will have three excellent functionalities, without having the "clear" function in other imput than search-bar.
(Also this "problem" could be traslated to the URL too if wheelclear is used in conjuntion with other addons that use the scrool wheel mouse button (like "Omnibar", i don't use it but i tried) in the URL. So if you put my suggestion to the URL (independient from the search-bar) it could be another help compatibility with some other add-on that use the scrool whell without the need to have to xclear and wheelclear repeated in all the browser.
I hope i made my point and forgive my bad english. Thanks again.
Hi! Good! Working in my XP SP3 with FF 21.0.
Suggestion i will like to see:
A• option to make the font "bold".
B• option to changue font size.
C• Make it moveable. (Addon-bar instead status-bar). Please!
Nothing more. Thank you!
Hi! it me again. The guy who wrote the previous review.
First, besides the fact you could be interested in some suggestion, or bug, or whatever, thank you for your reply. Is very good to know what developers think about the review.
I uninstall the 1.0.1 and install the 1.1b2:
A• The button: Thanks.
A1• I use small icon and the button enlarge the height some pixels when its placed in the navigation-bar or the favorites-bar, but the icon size is correctly 16x16.
A2•When its placed in the addon-bar (place which i prefer) the icon size change to 30x24 (width x heigth). I measured it by taking a screenshot and pasting in a graphic editor.
B and D• Yeah! you right. But only the users that try full themes have the chance (if the theme support, of course) to change these things (imput colors), but not for Personas users. That's why i wrote that "theming" suggestion.
C• Yeah. Now that i tried out the 1.1 version i think that it close by doble click is solved. (But it could means an interesting option for people that don't wan't the button or people that need make space in their toolbar when they have bars cluttered of icons)
F• An option to change the background list.
G• An option to change the font color.
H• An option to change and/or disable the font shadow. (Realy i have to force my eyes to read)
I• A second animation targeting design (to let the user chose one or other) a little bit more slowly. (I happened an animation's half size, circles with more thickness, changeable color, changeable animation time, and an option to play it twice)
J• I tried "Findbar Favorites" (here in AMO), and your add-on align to the most right of the findbar the words that Findbar Favorites add-on add to the findbar. Could you make it "compatible"? Is very interesting and usefull that add-on too.
Thanks again for this stuff and the reply. (And forgive my bad english, i tried my best)
Fully working in my XP with FF 21.0.
A• An option to change the background list.
B• An option to change the font color.
C• An option to change and/or disable the font shadow. (Realy i have to force my eyes to read)
D• A second animation targeting design (to let the user chose one or other) a little bit more smoothly. (I happened an animation's half size, circles with more thickness, changeable color, changeable animation time, and an option to play it twice)
E• I tried "Findbar Favorites" (here in AMO), and your add-on align to the most right of the findbar the words that Findbar Favorites add-on add to the findbar. Could you make it "compatible"? Is very interesting and usefull that add-on too.
Nothing more. Forgive my bad english, and keep doing good stuff. Thanks for the space.
I like more yours that No Squint, cuz No squint put an icon in STATUS-BAR which is deprecated on earlier FF versions, and more important, it doesn't let me organize ALL their icons in the way that i want.
The only thing that i dislike from yours are the icons (the image). I'll put a blank page icon for the "P"; and a "T" instead an "A". Also the "A" doesn't apreciate very much with dark personas.
But it doesn't mean that your add-on isn't usefull.
I like the diferent alternatives that you give the user. Meaning in one sidebuttons with and without drop down arrow, and in the other side, the ability to make use of the diferent mouse buttons. (Last thins is something that developers forgot very often)
Awesome! Working great in my XP with FF 21.0
A• A toolbar button to call the Findbar when i an smooking, or drinking the coffe. :)
B• Options to changue the background and text color of the input, for diferent states.
C• Option to enable close the findbar by doble click in it.
D• Option to changue the font color of all other words that are outside the input. (not really important)
E• Option to hide the "Search:" word near the input, or replacing it with a 16x16 ico or png image.
F• Option to make the imput width a 50 or 100 % More large.
Anyway, it, ok. Thanks for your enfort on this explendid stuff.
Hi Guy! Fully working in my XP with FF 21.0. Very usefull.
I now you are busy with diferent proyects, but if i don't disturb let me tell you some suggestions:
• I will like to see an option to disable the animations. As you said, it bring the user a new streamline experience. And you you do it right. As a deskmoding lover, i love those features, but very often in mi slow PC, i have to disable them, cuz, or it slow down my pc a little bit more those seconds, and/or they don't show smothly.
• I happened that you could add interactive checkerboard background. When i said interactive i mean that the user can change their color and brightness. Imagine a WHITE and TRANSPARENT checkerboard, so, when the user chose "the checkerboard" button in the toolbar, appears a checkerboard between the background color and the image rendered. At this point the user can changue background that is showed in the transparent areas of the checkerboard, and a slider to changue the checkerboard opacity. So that way the user can build diferent checkerboards.
• A "disquete gliph style icon" to save the image will the great too.
• An option to make the toolbar less width. In my 1024x768 is too big. (But don't changue one size by other, just put an option)
• And when i use the default FF zoom by pressing CTRL + WHELL UP/DOWN, the toolbar size change too. It need a fix to make it static.
• Talking about zoom, i tried "ImgViewerPlus" (here in AMO). It puts a toolbar (with zoom funtionality) in the same place of your toolbar. Is there any chace to make both "compatible", or by implementing their functions in your own add-on?
Well, just ideas... it's ok as it is anyway. you know. Mmmm, nothing more.
P.D.: ah, i almost forget, i love the FF developer tools skin. Yeah, the same that you mimic in some of your add-ons. You have good taste. Why you don't implement it in your add-on that don't have it?
(Forgive my bad english, i tryied my best)
(Working perfect in my FF 21.0 in XP)
• Mosty pleople MOVE the toolbar buttons each one of us in diferent place. Besides the fact that i can move the toolbar button to ADDON-BAR and hide (in the Ghostery options) the STATUS-BAR Button, i think wil be awesome if the STATUS-BAR icon is Moveable too, i mean, it need apears in the ADDON-BAR. That way the user can agroup some "similar" icons (or tools) in way that he felt, without having a tool (icon) near another that doesn't have any relationship with privacy, blockers, or something that way.
• Also you can put in the options an option to let the status-bar icon's apparencein the way that it is, or make without word, just de numbers. You could help it by changing the number's colors. To avoid problems with Personas (skin themes) you can put options to let the user changue the colors of each state.
• Besides the funtionality, i tend to chose things by their skin (and the capacity of it). Meaning about the big blue and white pop-up is there any chance to intgrate a second skin much more darker. I will feel more confortable with a kind of dark grey and blue (in example).
• Also i have a couple images that will perfect if i could chose the skin of the tiny pop-up. It's not bad yours, but if there any way to change it.
Please, disqus with your team and if you want to implement review's suggestion from whoever (mines or not), and that thing need change something that Ghostery has, don't drop the OLD by the NEW one; make that you do with the big pop-up. You LET THE USER change it. That one is one of things that informatic developers forget very often. Well. Nothing more about suggestions.
I want to say you that i love the pop-up images in the advanced options. That way you help the user undestand the things more easy, reading less to continun enjoying the web. Also i love the animations that you implement. I have a slow machine and i love deskmoding my desktop and my programs, but sometimes i take off the animations and chose static things cuz it slow down my machine or the animations don't show smoothly. The Ghostery animations shows very right and smoothly. So thanks for that too.
Well. Nothing more. Forgive my bad english. (i does my best). And sorry if i boring you.
Thank you guys!!! So much thank you!
THIS is something that i was looking for a long long time. Works in my 21.0 in XP.
Suggestion: is there any chance to put darker skin styles? Also, it will be stunningly amazing if you put something like a "skin builder". In wich the user can:
• chose an image from hard disk for the background.
• chose the coordenates for "repeat" in the background. (for when resize notes)
• chose the margens to indicate where the the icons and input should be drawed. (usefull for images with some kind of border, like shadow effects)
(All apologies for my bad english. And thanks ANYWAY)
A• Working perfect in my FF 21.0 in XP.
B• i feel a little bit stup** talking about this, but, i want to talk about the skin. I like dark UI, so, i will be more happy if in the options will have an option to changue the skin to a dark style. At least one. Or better, let the user changue their values.
C• I have a dark Personas at this moment and i notice that the toolbar icon doesn't look "perfect". It looks a bit pixelated and with some whiteness corners; like if it hasn't a 32 bit transparency, or like an image builded with 32 bits transparency but converted to a 24 bits transparency.
D• Also the number in the icon is so small, and i can't read it at simple sight. Maybe if you take off the square, with their number values too, and make a new 16x16 icon logo with a colorization effect to indicate the different status, (like the "Adblock Plus" icon), will be a perfect icon.
E• ANYWAY, it's ok. Thanks for your enfort (and forgive my bad english) (If you have a review in spanish, i suggest you answer it only in english, traduction tools are good for words, but not for entire paragraph, better not to mention google "traducsuck")
Hi!, my feature suggest, is an option to let the user change the backgroung and font's color of the URL bar. (So i will changue it in example with a dark violet background and white font.) Thanks anyway.
(FF 21.0 + XP, working.)
Excelente. Readable font (no big shadow). :)
(Interesante tu página. Me la bookmarquié, espero leerla, especialmente la sección de los puchos)