To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||December 28, 2011|
|Number of add-ons developed||1 add-on|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Rated 4 out of 5 stars|
Cleaner and larger font. Auto-hides banners. Pleasant light-grey background. Similar to Opera's "Grey Lady 3" addon.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
A great addon this is....But here are suggestions to make it even better
1. Allow selecting a folder to open bookmarks from a folder. It will be a great feature for the simple user. But for the heavy user too this addon will then be able to take advantage of the folders other addons like Too Many Tabs, or Save-to-read, or Bookstacks, or Bookmark all create when links are stored in them.
2.Add a function(a bookmarks sidebar context menu entry) to rename bookmarks by appending a certain character or letters(say RB) to the names of any bookmarks you select in the sidebar/toolbar/manager. The user will then be able to select bookmarks for random bookmarks using the text search function. Maybe add a "Revert renamed bookmarks to original name" function to allow the users to go back to the normal names of the bookmarks.
3. Allow selecting bookmarks by Tag
Kindly upload larger pictures for your addon. I cannot see what it does, so am not installing it. I will avoid 4 stars in line with your average rating...
Great addon. Thanks.
I can see it grow into a much bigger addon with a right click option to toggle the font, or the font size for the whole page.(Like the Font Setter addon)
Great addon, but I'd like an option to save tabs without thumbnails.
Please update it to work with FF22This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.1.9.0).
Please update it for FF22This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.20130518). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
I second alll suggestions by Bkuri in his comment before mine. Keep up the good work. And give us that options dialog soon please, with a toolbar button to toggle CS on/off too please.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.2.0).
A great idea. This addon should be more famous. I have added it to my addon collection so that more people know about it. But the addon sometimes doesn't work i.e the buttons I have placed on a toolbar dissappear; and I have to open the customize dialog again to put all those buttons at the right place.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.2).
A good addon. Please consider adding some of the following features
1. Automatically select(to delete) duplicate bookmarks by date added i.e delete only the older version or delete only the newer versions.
2. Add the deleted duplicate bookmarks to a recycle bin maintained within the addon. This recycle bin will automatically empty after x days if the user never chooses to restore any bookmark.
This feature will make users more confident in BDD, and more people will be likely to use it and experiment with it.
3. A Link-checker to detect links that are now broken, and give the user the chance to delete all broken links, or to move them into a folder called "Broken Links"
4. The ability to backup bookmarks automatically before deleting them.
This is a great addon. It would be great if it could remember settings per webpage, per website, per domain name. This is easily doable. The addon "Mobile Firefox" already does it.
Suggestion by another user to force reload page is also good.
May I now suggest 2 features which will make it much more than a user agent changer
1) Allow us to choose the background color and text color of a page in the settings
2) Allow us to choose whether to show pictures(and flash) at all.
The above features will make it into a readability tool as well.
I want to backup my data and make sure it isn't lost + I want to make sure it doesn't store stuff anywhere online. Preferably, I want to be able to open my data with an external program(? txt files or something)
This the exact thing I have been looking for. Four stars just for coming up with a great idea, But I am unable to install the addon (on FF 19, Windows XP) because firefox says "This addon cannot be installed because firefox cannot modify the necessary files". I wonder if the developer can fix this soon.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.0).
I have been using SB for a long while now, and I heartily recommend it as the best addon ever for power researchers.
However, I'd like to request a feature which will make it more convenient to use, especially on small screens and netbooks. -- Add a button to toggle the main Searchbastard toolbar on/off.
That will be it. Thanks
This is a great addon with great potential. I have withheld 2 stars for 2 features that will make it more usable:
1) A button to toggle the toolbar
2) Ability to add more search engines, either manually, or from the firefox search bar
And therefore it gets 5 stars from me, and gets added to my addon collections. I am happy with the addon as it is. It is the only addon that does this. But, I have the bad habit of pestering addon developers for adding new features that are not available in the firefox addon habitat. So here are my suggestions for this addon.
How about extending the functions of this addon.
A) Opening the search in a new tab while (optionally) also closing the tab where you pasted and searched the content
B) Adding the search engine to the firefox search bar, for later use(using the add to search bar addon if necessary)
C) Copying the text to the firefox search bar as well for searching with another search engine quickly.
Adding feature C above would be great...
I don't understand the point of this addon. Why not just create a new bookmark folder containing the webpages you want open -- And just right click on the folder and choose "Open all in new background tabs"?
Please make it compatible with Tab Kit 2nd Edition. Also add Tab stacking to TMP. I have used TMP for years now, but I recently experimented with Tab Utilities, and I must say I am tempted to stay with it because TMP does not have the above features. TMP is a great great great addon nevertheless.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.4.0.5). This user has 2 previous reviews of this add-on.
The idea of this addon is good. But I'd like an option to not allow the google search bar take focus everytime I open about:newtab. I prefer the cursor to remain on my address bar.
A great idea. Please add an option to add the last 3 to 5 findbar searches on the findbar itself. That will make this addon indispensable
I have reviewed this addon favourably in the past too, and have added it to my addon collections as well. I have come back to encourage the developer to continue developing this great addon and taking it to new heights. This really is a work of art.
I must praise the developer for being very responsive to users' ideas. If the developer continues to develop this addon at this pace, in 1 or 2 years, it will become an addon in the same class as Adblock Plus and TabMix Plus.
A few suggestions I'd like to give to the developer to give him new ideas about how to enhance this all-in-one addon:
1. The smart searchbox could contain additional commands like the addon "Clip reference". For example, an option to copy the selected text, open selected text as url, find selected text in this tab, find selected text in all tabs, copy text, etc...+ few more functions not found in Clip reference i.e Search selected test within this site using Google, Search selected text within this site using the site's own search engine, and so on + Functions like the addon "QuoteURLText", copy selected text alongwith page title, url and date
2. Use the keyword 'f' to search for text in a page and 'ff' to search in all tabs. This is a feature we find in the Opera browser. If you type 'f firefox' in the address bar, it finds and highlights all instances of the word on the page. If this function is added to Fastest Search, then find text with one step less as there would be no need to do Ctrl+F or Ctrl+Shift+F before you can tye your text.
3. Enable/Disable Autocopy or Instant Search or Drag and drop by middle clicking or right clicking on the Fastest Search's button. You(the developer) might choose to allow toggling any function of your addon by pressing the button. This will make the button more usable. And by disabling/enabling functions on the go, we get a faster firefox.
4. Double click image to save it. Double clicking opens a dialog to allow you to choose the location where you want to save image.
5. Copy page's title, url and date by pressing Ctrl+C when you are on the page and have selected no text.