|User since||March 5, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Moves my tabs to the right! Rated 3 out of 5 stars
This seemed like exactly what I wanted - a way to have my tabs on the left and bookmarks on the right. But it moved my tabs to the right as well, so it's useless to me. I use Vertical Tabs Reloaded.
Excellent Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Thank you Wizardgoat for this excellent add-on which does exactly what I want: All my bookmark folders used to look the same, making it hard to quickly find the one I want on the bookmark toobar... not any more. Thank you! :)
I have a few suggestions for improvement...
1. When you bring up the dialog to assign folder images, the dialog is very tall and it covers up the bookmarks bar. That is a shame because if it was just a little less tall you would be able to see the bookmarks bar and see the changes you are making.
2. It would be so much quicker and easier if you could change a folder's image by simply right clicking on the folder and using the context menu to change its image. It could be done in only 4 clicks! Currently if you want to change a folder's image you have to go through the following process...
1) Find and click the add-on's button
2) Click the option to change folders
3) Find and click on the folder you want to change
4) Click "Pick a new folder image"
5) Select the new image
6) Click Assign
7) Close the window
3. When you click the add-on's button, a number of options appear. I think the wording of these options is a little confusing and could be made neater. For example I would call it "Set up folder images" instead of "Set Bookmarks Folder Images". I would just call it "Options" instead of "Bookmarks Folder Images Options" and "Help" instead of "Bookmarks Folder Images Help". I think that would be simpler.
4. In the options you have a radio button to select whether the add-on is active or not. I think it would be better to have a simple checkbox with the word "Add-on enabled".
5. Another user commented that the colors you offer are all too bright and cartoony, to which you replied that his screen brightness must be too bright. But what he means is that all the colors you offer are very strong, saturated colors and there aren't many pastel or greyer colors - such as would be suitable for business, accounting etc. Perhaps you could offer just a few off-grey colors?
6. I must say that while you have offered a good selection of 'images' which don't look like folders, I am not personally going to use any of them. Why? Because they don't look at all like folders and I would find them confusing. I might well even forget they were folders at all. I think the solution to this would be to offer images of folders with pictures ON the folders, then people can see that they are folders. I am a graphic designer/illustrator and would be very happy to help with this if you needed additional images? If you like you can send me a message on Mozillazine (http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=121681).
7. When the list of folder images appears on the screen, the colors go from left to right. It would perhaps be better if they went from top to bottom, so that similar colors appeared directly next to one another?
8. Finally, not an important thing but I think you should change the name of the add-on to something more descriptive such as "Colorful bookmark folders". That is my humble suggestion anyway. For me it's not really about images but all about adding colour.
Thanks once again! :) p.s. As a lover of Israel, I really like all your Israel icons!
Wonderful! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
The Bookmarks Toolbar is normally so cumbersome and hard to use. This really helps, thanks! I wish this were built into Firefox!
If anyone wants vertical tabs... Rated 4 out of 5 stars
If you used this addon because you want vertical tabs, I have found a much better new addon for this, called Vertical Tabs Reloaded. It gives you a choice of tab styles, and it is easily hidden in full screen mode. :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.12.5). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
PLEASE fix it! Doesn't work in Firefox v45 Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I have used this great add-on for years but now it is totally un-usable because you can't open new tabs (Ctrl+T doesn't work).
PLEASE can you fix it!
Developer no longer involved Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I was told in an email:
"Sorry, I don't have any time to work on Vertical Tabs. It's on GitHub (https://github.com/philikon/VerticalTabs), feel free to fork it, or work with some of the other folks who have forked it and are improving it. I'm really not involved anymore at this point."
I have no idea how to use GitHub!
Brilliant, but doesn't work with latest Firefox Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I love this add-on! Please can you update it?
Excellent Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I wanted an add-on for switching between tab groups with a bar. First I tried "TabGroups Manager" but it is very buggy and bloated with unnecessary features. Also it doesn't integrate with Firefox's own tab groups, this means Firefox's tab group controls don't work, and when you uninstall the add-on you lose all the groups because they were never real Firefox groups to begin with.
This add-on however does exactly what I need, is nice and simple, and seems very solid and bug-free. Thank you! :)
I would like to request the following features (especially the first three):
1. Wider tabs, ideally custom width (I only use 5 tab groups and they are currently very small on the left of the screen)
2. Custom icon on the tab, this would make it more attractive and far easier to quickly find the right tab
3. Number of tabs the group contains written on each tab (right aligned)
4. Size option for the bar, allowing bigger text in taller tabs
5. Ability to re-order/drag tabs
Keeps crashing, had to uninstall Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Shame, this would be a superb add-on, but it has many bugs, the biggest being that sometimes all the tabs load blank and the groups are empty (good job I had Session Manager to retrieve previous sessions).
I'm reporting the bug here as support site doesn't seem to exist, which also concerns me.
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Warning, this is NOT high quality! Instead of simply downloading the mp3, it links to a site that downloads the mp3, then re-encodes it to a NEW low quality mp3 file!?
I don't understand why there are addons that re-convert a YouTube mp3 into a new mp3? Re-encoding a lossy file is just plain dumb as you inevitably lose quality. But to re-encode at the low quality of 128kbps (as this site does) is just crazy.
Currently the best way I've found to download mp3 from YouTube is to use an addon called "Download YouTube Videos as MP4". You can then extract the mp3s with an excellent program called "Free video to mp3 converter".
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Still doesn’t work after the update on 3rd of June 2013. I am now using a plug-in called YouTube Video, Audio and Subtitle Downloader, which works for all videos.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (188.8.131.52-signed). This user has 2 previous reviews of this add-on.
It works. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
With DownloadHelper not working I have been looking for an alternative that works. I’m pleased to say this works really well! Thanks :)
Though the interface is very odd and really confused me for a long time. There are two options: "Quick Download" and "Download Links". The option that any normal person would use is "Download Links". You simply click it to see what choices of download you have, then choose one. That couldn't be easier.
However, if you want to use the other option, "Quick Download", it's not quick at all because it means you have to 1) First click on the "download links" option to see what resolutions and file formats are available, and then 2) Manually set the resolution and file format in the settings.
The interface is also confusing because the manual settings for resolution and file format are placed in a position that makes it look like they always apply. When in fact they only apply if you are using the weird "Quick Download" option.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I see this was updated just a couple of days ago, but the bug continues. (And the support site doesn’t load.) Some videos download, but many don’t (eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-KrlRjh-M)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (184.108.40.206-signed). This user has other reviews of this add-on.
Bug report Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I’m getting the same problem as of 13 June 2013. Many YT videos download as 0kb and no file is downloaded. Your support page doesn’t load or I would have posted this there. I love Video DownloadHelper and use it daily so hope you can fix it please. Thank you for this outstanding add-on! :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (220.127.116.11-signed).
Excellent, except… Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I love this add-on! It is exactly what I wanted. I also love that it shows visited links clearly! thank you! :)
However, I feel it would be far better with the following four options:
1. A menu button (I don’t use the Add-on Bar).
2. Custom colour instead of white text. (I’d prefer a gentle colour like amber #FFD11C).
3. Custom colour instead of black background. (I’d prefer a dark brown, so that any black elements are not invisible).
4. How about a special mode that retains more of the differences in text and background colour? It could work like this: all bright background colours are inverted and darkened, and all dark text colours are inverted and lightened?
Also, I think the menu item should say “White on Black” instead of “Reverse colours”, because it’s not actually reversing the colours, it’s making everything white on black.
Preview picture doesn’t work! Rated 3 out of 5 stars
TubeStop used to show a preview picture of the stopped video, but that’s not been working for about 6 months. I’ve contacted the author with no response. Nothing seems to be done about this! This was a good add-on, but now without a preview picture you don’t know which video is which until you click on it to play it. :(
Extremely useful, almost perfect. Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Highlight some text and instantly see an option to search for it on Google, Wikipedia, etc.Thank you so much for this Add-on! :)
However, there are 4 things I don't like about it: 1) Once the search menu has appeared you can't type ! This makes it impossible to edit text in a text box! 2) You can only select text by dragging the cursor over it. You can't select text by clicking the start, holding down shift, then clicking the end; nor can you select a word by double clicking on it. 3) The search menu doesn't appear when you take your hand off the mouse button, instead you have to wait with your hand on the mouse button before it will appear. 4) To add a site you have to go through a process of manually adding it rather than simply choosing it from one of the search engines already in your search bar.
Wonderful! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Now I don’t need the Googlebar anymore, plus this is neater than Googlebar’s way of highlighting.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.4.2).
All you need Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Does just what you need it to and nothing more. Great Add-on. Thanks! :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.7.5).
Perfect. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Love it! Thanks! :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.8).