To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||February 28, 2013|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
A step backwards Rated 3 out of 5 stars
It used to be the best video downloader around (and maybe it still is), but
* it does not give a howto for Windows for the libav libraries it is supposed to support, instead it forces you to use a converter violates the libav license if you want to capture the screen (libav is free and has a binary build, and the converter is 28.50 USD). Of course you should sell your product and earn your money, but I think telling people that "installing Libav on Windows is not very user friendly" when there are binary builds and when the Converthelper is in the hall of shame of libav, is just unethical.
* The pause/resume bug is still there (since Firefox 28?): pause opion is greyed out if you download via downloadhelper. If you don't have a stable connection, it's a better idea to copy the video url from the extension and download it directly so that you can pause/resume when you need. This seems to be a known bug.
Other than that, it works.
Btw, I'm among those who think the old GUI was better. I use the Companion GUI instead of the new one.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
The method described in Firefox' documentation did not work but this tool worked perfectly. Thanks, keep up good work!
Did not work for me Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Clicking replace all (for editable content) does simply nothing
Did not work for me Rated 1 out of 5 stars
1. shift+f2 is taken by another firefox function.
2. turkish translation is apparently made by a machine (probably google translate). I hardly understood what the menus and the help file tried to tell.
3. the only thing that worked was he FoxReplace settings and it was really too hard to understand from the bad ranslation which settings that part was supposed to change (looked like something about urls)
Please remove machine-translated languages from the list of supported languages. At least you'll make it possible for english speakers to uderstand the extension better.