To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||May 31, 2012|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
this plugin is a real life-saving game-changer(and it does work.. it just takes a website designer to fix a little problem) Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Let me start with this: this plugin should get 5-stars; however it does not save comments, and it gave me some initial problems.
upon installing the plugin, you must go to github and get the server files...
STEPS TO MAKE THIS PLUGIN WORK!!!
1. get and modify firefile.php...
find any and all references to http://www.firefile.at, and remove the tag associated with them...
next find the line that reads
$currentVersion = trim(file_get_contents("........")
and remove or comment that line out;
replace it with
$currentVersion = this->;version;
2. upload the files to your server.
3. create a barebones firefile.demo.css file
it should contain some styles to test... maybe H1, H2, P tags
4. goto http://yourserver/folder_where_you_uploaded/firefile.php
5. enter a login name, and password
6. after successful login and password entry, you may need to re-upload your firefile.demo.css file
7. to back to http://yoursite.com/firefile/firefile.php
8. use the site to "login"
9. the plugin should popup and tell you it found a firefile enabled site, do you want to add it...
10. TELL IT YES
11. test it out, have a cold one(and bask in the glory that your css editing will be done with ease from this day forward) and be happy that some people choose to hack stuff when it doesn't work as expected...
if you have any problems, post a comment, and I will write up a better "Guide" to help the community, because this plugin was definately worth the effort!!!
ABSOLUTELY LIFE CHANGING - AUTHOR SHOULD BE SUPPORTED FOR THIS ONE!!! Rated 4 out of 5 stars
This add-on is truly one of those change-your-life-for-the-better type of apps. Keep in mind it is free, and it has it's bugs(configuration is a little difficult), and it still needs a little work, so backup your css every now and then, and be prepared to lose any comments in your css, but it makes CSS authoring just an AMAZING experience, you see your changes instantly, and save instantly. once you learn it's few disabilities, it may be the single most useful html tool I have ever used, right up there with eclipse PDT. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because, the development has a little more to go, but this is a MUST-HAVE extension!!!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.9.0.1-signed).