To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||April 1, 2012|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
OK, but lacking some possibilities Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I've hunted for a such add-on since years. Found this one, and using it. It does the job. I think this add-on was obviously created for web developers. Let see how a web developer works:
1. He does the coding (PHP, JS, CSS whatever)
2. Saves the changes
3. Checks the result in the browser
4. ...and many-many times he want to compare the new result with the previous stage side-by-side.
The add-on saves minimum 2 clicks per site change. And I change a lot. So it saves me 2 times by 'a lot' :)
But...look at the above 'general' process of site development.
- the add-on refreshes every panel if they are pointing to the same URL - is it really necessary? No option for fine tuning... (dunno what the All file://tabs check box does - no effect noticed)
- I can not disable the reload per panels - would be very handy when comparing changes!
- I can not disable the reload temporarily per rules - the only way: disable the entire add-on or delete the auto reload rule - this would be also very nice option as it simply would prevent unnecessary refreshes, but it would still store the settings of a given path/URL combination for the next time/future
The last bit: changing or seeing the actual reload rules is also clumsy. The UI is using a 'portrait' layout, so you can not see long URLs and paths. You have to click the rule in the table, click into the input field below, and finally scroll to the end... whoa & ah. Maybe a 'landscape' layout would help on this.
So I would give 5 stars if it would be a little bit more flexible. I'm sure Yurii is able to address these probs/whishes very soon.