To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||July 22, 2010|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
in te address bar, there is on/off icon
This is a great plugin, works as advertized!
For 5 star rating, it should have some automation option, so you could bulk-download srt from several videos.
Ergh, I was too early. I enabled iMacros plugin, restarted the browser. Now I can't get the CD to show any buttons below the video. Disabling iMacros and reinstalling doesn't help. So this still needs work to do.
And now the button appeared again and the plugin works in conjuction with iMacros.
Buggy plugin or buggy FF or buggy me?
The plugin has a nice interface and great options, if it only did the job. I need to replace a repetitive word in some 250+ Youtube video descriptions. I entered the rule and checked it to be applied on page load.
The I clicked to edit the description, the plugin replaced the text.
When I checked the video page, the text was also replaced. However, as soon as I disabled the plugin - the text was back to the original.
That means, at least for youtube, the plugin just changes the display of text in your own browser, but doesn't fill the form.
And that is very dangerous, because you may be sure that you've changed everything while in fact, you didn't.
The potential is great, but while the plugin just censors some text for your eyes only, it's useless.
And one more thing. On plugin removal the extensions.foxreplace.substitutionListJSON is still in the config, so the rules are all back if you reinstall the plugin. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature,
PS: MarcRA, thank you for replying so fast. To enable Save in Youtube you must fiddle with the text. After the replace is done, I made some other alterations and click save. The plugin-replaced text doesn't save in the form. The danger lies in that your browser shows an illusion, and other people see the real thing.
However, I found a work-around by switching to the mobile version of the site. And this time, the plugin works! So I guess it's the way how desktop Youtube site treats text input that's yet to be implemented in the plugin. Anyway, the workaround should still save a lot of effort, so thank you so much for the plugin.
Site webmasters of this plugin users main interest learned to fool it.
Look at the "amauter curves dot com". The redirect is done through some inner mechanism.
Do not know if this could be detected.