To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||June 11, 2010|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I edited my review but it doesnt seem to work. My ´´reviewed review´´ brings better rating, simpler text, link removed; and less harsh bottom line.
I skip posting my edited review except on this, where I tried to sound humorous but it it nothing buyt sarcastic. Re-writing:
We´ve seen lots of simple and useful addons, as this one and these mentioned, and other more complex and still user friendly even ask for a five buck donate. It may just be me, but this was the first developer i´ve ever seen to suggest thirty quarters.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is intelligent organization of your browser.
Saves space for page view, never open the bookmars side bar again!
Update it for the 6th star; improve it for further stars. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Very useful, it limits the speed completely. In other words, it is a deeply complete limit.
Before Throttle, I avoided browsing while dowloading. I mean, I use Frea Donwload Menager to download old books from archive.org and related stuff elsewhere, like complete journals collections as some available in thousands pdf's (indiv files,.3/wee, 150/year, 4500 the 3 decades). With FD M i can throttle those D/L's individually, although even if i limit them all together to, say 75% of my bandwdith, if I wanted to use the other 25% to my browsing (or even to check webmail), the browser would try to use the 100%. Browsing and checking mail was a pain had to adjust F DM current settings and watch for new D/L's with risk of losing connection and some of those downloads don't accept reload so browsing and checking mail was a pain that could hurt thus i avoided it.
Now i don't even touch fdm just have to toggle on Firefox Throttle! Painless browsing!
And you see, i don't even mention the current reported failure to throttle specific webpages etc. I don't see it working as well. This would be the 6th star. The 7th and further stars would come the day i could do all i do today in FDM outside fox, in the future inside fox with the proper developments to this addon which i see it is the basis to a complete d/l & u/l activity control plug-in.
For me it is good enough as is, i am not requesting those features. If you think otherwise and it is not good enough and can improved, then don't forget to make some money with it ;^)
A time-saving add-on Rated 5 out of 5 stars
The most time-saving add-on!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.6.0.8).
Tip Rated 5 out of 5 stars
If one need to switch to "Play" mode and then switch back browsing, one must to do all this twice:
Instead of adjusting Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Network >> Settings >> Configure Proxies
Instead, do it with just one click:
Enable "Toolbar Buttons" addon and create the button "Toggle The Proxy On & Off".
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Extra search box: my most used addon.