To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||November 22, 2009|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
I have switched to GMail Checker (currently 2.6.1 by Trinh Nguyen).
These are the differences that made me switch:
- The GMail Manager does not offer a single icon (with total new-mail-count for all accounts),
- GMail Manager is more work to set up (it has many options per account),
- GMail Manager does not work immediately in FF9.x,
- GMail Manager does not offer a single left-click access to the menu with all accounts,
- GMail Manager does not offer snippets for all accounts in the menu with all accounts.
GMail Checker on the other hand, does offer all this, and I thought perhaps other might mind the comparison useful.
Just got a new laptop and tried again all multiple-Gmail-account checkers, because I did not remember which one I had before. It was this one and that was easy to figure out, I had problems with the other ones (e.g. gmail manager) immediately. This is still by far the best one.
- Simple and fast to set up
- Works immediately in FF9.x
- Intuitive to use
- Single icon for all acounts which I LOVE
- Direct left-click access to an overview of all my accounts (right-click is a hassle on the touchpad)
Not one of the competitors offers this.
Thank you so much!
Alas. I have used this extension for as long as it has been around, but the fact that it leaves focus on the address-bar rather than moving focus to the search-bar of my homepage, has finally made me abandon it.
I am now using My Homepage, which works admirably, also on FF 7.
In one word: perfect.
- Preferable to New Tab Homepage because My Homepage sets focus to the search-bar if Google is your homepage, in stead of leaving focus on the address-bar.
- Works on Firefox 7.
I have used New Tab Homepage for as long as it has existed, but have now switched to My Homepage and am happy about it.
Perfect! Intuitive, does not try to do too much, always works, shows snippets... need I go on? I was using the gmail manager addon for a long time, and I have also tried the gmail notifier recently, but this addon is simply the best one in the category! I hope more people discover it and appreciate it. I also hope it will keep its simplicity :-)
Thank you very much for creating this, you have made my firefox/mail-life pleasant again!
Still: broken in win7?
I tried the new 1.5.5. version. Formerly I reported that I was unable to save any preferences under win7 / firefox 3.5.4 / notifier 1.5.4 (after adding a mailaccount the preferences window cannot be closed: nothing happens on "ok"). With notifier version 1.5.5 this problem remains. I have win7 in 64bit. Might that be the problem? And a BIG thank you to the developer for the effort and the replies!
Formerly I posted I could not save the preferences. This was using win7 64bit, firefox 3.5.4. and notifier 1.5.4. I now have the notifier 2.0.1 version and it works! Thank you!!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).