About me

Developer Information
Name Ideasmiths
User since March 16, 2009
Number of add-ons developed 0 add-ons
Average rating of developer's add-ons Not yet rated

My Reviews


Rated 5 out of 5 stars

For years this is one of the top add-ins I use and recommend to my peers. The reason I continued to use Firefox instead of IE or Chrome is because of this wonderful add-in. Thanks Jason and we wish you the best in the future.

OutWit Hub

Rated 4 out of 5 stars

I have been using other software to extract useful data from webpages for a few years. Outwit Hub (this current version) saves about 50% of the time compared to a $700+ software I was using. I am confident that future versions will improve the gap.

For scrapping simple sets of data, for example all emails, all images outwit is great. For medium complexity data like pages with php, javascript that are 'protecting' the emails/images, then a bit more work is needed. Learning how to use simple regular expressions to pinpoint the starting marker of the data, and combining with macros will solve 95% of the data extraction needs. The rest you need to know how to combine the data together using excel, know a bit of HTML and programming to get the links or queries correct to get at the other 5%.

Outwit will get a 5 star if they can get the documentations, tutorials up and ready. Plus some new features like scripting, ability to combine several 'catch' into a single row.

Overall, this software allows you to do most of you work fast and lean. It will be a good investment to save you a lot of time compared to more costly alternatives

This review is for a previous version of the add-on (