To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
The extension includes:
- a content script
- a browser action with a popup including HTML, CSS, and JS
- a settings page
When the user hovers over an image, after a user specified amount of time, the image will be zoomed in and given the option to be saved as a favorite or downloaded.
When the user clicks the browser action button, the popup is displayed, presenting the user with 4 options, Show Gallery, Favorites, Set Options and Back To Page.
The Show Gallery button, gather all the loaded images on the website and displays them in tabular fashion, eliminating those that are too small or duplicates.
The Favorites button, opens a new tab and show all the images the user "favorited" along with the option of deleting selected pictures.
The Set options button takes the user to the settings page of the extension, where he/she can set the scaling of the image upon zooming, the duration until the zoom activates, the background color of the image gallery and favorites, the display options and the font color of the gallery and favorites using the extensions local storage.
The Back to page button simply takes the user back from the gallery to the original website.
What it shows:
- how to write a browser action with a popup
- how to give the popup style and behavior using CSS and JS
- how to send messages from the background scripts to a content script
- how to use web accessible resources to enable web pages to load packaged content
- how to write an options page that uses local storage
- how to open a new tab with content coded by dev