- by Kevin H, 5 hours agoRated 5 out of 5Really love this application; I've only just installed it and I cannot believe how great it is! I forgot how YouTube used to look before it fought for every iota of my attention.
Thank you, Unhook!
- by Paolo, 14 days agoRated 5 out of 5Useful for saving time and removing the cesspoll of distractions or unneeded content Youtube shoves down your throat in hope you will stay stuck on the website forever.
Highly customizable to boot too.
Another must have.
- by Firefox user 17368555, a month agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using this extension for many months and I must say, it changed my life.
I used to spend 8 to 12 hours a day on average watching youtube videos and couldn't bring myself to do anything else. I had developed an addiction to scrolling through the home feed and mindlessly watching recommended video after recommended video non-stop all day.
After installing this extension (and also NewPipe on my phone) I slowly stopped watching so much youtube and, not only that, since I could only see my subscriptions, I would gear these towards my personal interests and the skills I wanted to learn.
Nowadays I only get around 10 to 15 videos a day on my subscriptions feed (I'm subbed to 182 channels in total) and watch 2 to 5 videos at most, some of which have to do with learning computer science, programming and cybersecurity which are topics I've been very interested in lately. And I don't watch these videos mindlessly anymore, since I want to learn more about these topics I've started to study them, write down the things I learn and then either apply what I've learned or look further for more videos on the topic at hand, all without the distraction of the home feed or the recommendations bar on the right side.
Thanks to the creator for making such a good extension and for changing my life, and possibly the lives of many others :)
- by Chris, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5This clean & simple extension prevents YouTube rabbit holes better than anything else I've seen. Search for the things YOU want to search for and get the results YOU asked for.
- by Euni, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is precisely what I was looking for. The add-on has the option of selecting settings granularly, so that I can, for example, deactivate everything in the sidebar except for transcripts. It works pretty well in both Firefox and Chrome on Windows.