- by MJ, 6 days agoRated 5 out of 5This plugin is revolutionary. You can hide any stuff from Youtube, leaving only the things you need. I wish there was a similar plugin for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- by yoyomama, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Youtube completely turned black after installation. Maybe it was interfering with another extension, idk. Once I uninstalled things went back to normal.
- For the record uBlock Origin was installed prior to this. Again, I'm not sure if it somehow conflicted with this extension or not. I might consider a resinstall in the future should anything go wrong with the current setup. For now, things are fine.
* Update in response to Developer *
Thank you for responding. Although I have no desire to reinstall the extension, it makes a world of difference when attention to a particular issue is given. Thanks again and take care.
Developer responseposted a month agoHi, YouTube should look like this (https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/235/235162.png) when the extension is first installed. The homepage can be unhidden by clicking on the extension icon in the toolbar and unchecking "Hide Homepage Feed". If this doesn't solve the issue, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- by Rob, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5This addon has made YouTube a much easier place for me to learn from. I mainly use the site for education purposes, so having stuff like sidebar recommendations, comments, and a bunch of other nonsense alongside it makes it difficult for me to focus on what I need to do.
Sometimes I'll get sucked into recommendations hell where I'm staying up until five in the morning watching all the videos I have queued in separate tabs (knowing how to middle click links is both a blessing and a curse). There are times where I'll even get sucked into debates in the comments section where the only thing I get out of it is brain cell depletion.
So yeah, I'm really stoked to have this installed now. Just having that one single video on the screen and nothing else feels soooooo liberating. It's a million times more comfortable than what it was before, and I think I can study a lot more efficiently now. Blocking out recommendations and comments will probably help to preserve my sanity in the long term as well.