- by Till, a month agoRated 3 out of 5works as intended w.r.t. the login popup window.
However, it replace the annoying login popup with an annoying add-on overlay button which cannot be deactivated. I do not care if the plugin removed X many popups.
Furthermore, the add-on opens an annoying update message tab each time it gets updated.
I just want to see the untampered site, no pop up or annoyances. Thought, this plugin is exactly about that.....
Workaround for the Overlay Button: block it with uBlock, etc .....
- by Luki1a, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I found very annoying that I can't hide or move the extension button that is over the video.
I'll give five star when there will be added an option to hide or move it.
- by Firefox user 14929943, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Quite useful.
Very small issue, but youtube webpage crashes, when I try to open it's source code, while the addon is enabled.
- by Firefox user 16559281, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly!I HATE that SIGN IN pop up from Youtube on EVERY DAMN video. Thanks for this great add-on. You should name it Youtube popup blocker, instead of "tamer" so people can find it directly. I've had to search 15 add on pages to find this one!
- by Firefox user 11515072, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works almost perfectly and is already a good protection against the most annoying yt crap. But the cookie-agree-banner still appears. Current version: 2.1.2
Developer responseposted 6 months agoThx for feedback.
First and foremost cookie popup appears only once so it's hard to call it annoying.
There are two ways to handle it:
1) click it (auto consent) - don't think it's good idea to auto consent things that user should be aware of - remember that content of this popup can change in future and you wouldn't be aware what you consent to.
2) block it - it's hard to reliably block it, but even if blocked this popup will be coming back every time you refresh page (not good for performance) and some parts of YT might not work properly (due to your lack of cookie consent).
So i don't see any advantages of handling this popup (beside saving one click) but there are many risks.
And last but not least extension description clearly states that this popup is not blocked - so don't know why you hold it against it.
If you know about some advantages/situations that i am not aware of please let me know via email and I'll consider adding some functionality.
UPDATE: After some discussion there are some situations where closing cookie popup would be usefull. Due to that in v.2.1.5 added option to auto consent cookies.
- by Firefox user 11640498, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Well, well, what a nice surprise... this add-on works perfectly!... everything is blocked. Thank you and congrats to the Dev AnDre.
Many similar add-ons say they block all YT' garbage, but guess what?, when I install and test them, I can always see some YT' garbage. The same happened to me with previous versions of this add-on.
But today the latest and newest version of this add-on, wowww, it blocks everything for me, not just popups, also it blocks every YT' ad (skippable and non-skippable ads), including some YT' trackers. And this add-on is very lightweight. It's the first time I see a complete YT' garbage blocker, and built in a lightweight way.
With each new version this add-on is becoming a complete YT' garbage blocker. So I believe this add-on should change its name to "Ultimate YT' garbage blocker".
Once again, thanks and congrats to the Dev AnDre!