Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Doge, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is broken with the new layout but works fine with the old layout.
So the workaround is to add another add-on, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-design-preserver/ with which we can change the default youtube layout & now everything works fine.
- by Science 'n' stuff, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Finally found an add-on that can disable auto-play in playlists. Just go to preferences from the add-on page and select 'Stop auto-buffering the player on play-list mode'
To prevent it from playing a few seconds of video, you can go to about:config and set "media.autoplay.enabled" to false. This prevents unwatched videos from showing up in your watch history. However, it technically still buffers for a couple seconds before refreshing. This firefox setting does not prevent auto-play in playlists, which is why I downloaded this plugin.
- by Firefox user 12237351, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on doesn't have the functionality needed. I was looking for an add-on that even after playing the video doesn't buffer more than 5 - 10 secs at most. Sometimes I might wanna watch a i.e 60 mins video and start it but I get busy with other stuff till I close the browser for whatever reason where I watched only 3 mins. But the video fully buffered So I've wasted 57 mins video equivalent GBs from my internet bundle.
- by Timmy Fox, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Used to be great but now here's an annoying delay occasionally before the video is fully stopped and a select few times it's failed to stop the video entirely. In addition to this, in the last week or two, I've found it often seems to break comments loading.
- by Firefox user 13495050, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension. I used to use (still do use it) "Disable html5 autoplay" but it wouldn't work perfectly on youtube, only on channel pages and whatnot. This extension stops autoplay on youtube completely.
However sometimes with the little testing I did there was a one second delay before it stops the video. Take a random video on youtube, refresh it a couple of times, you will see the video attempts to play but this add-on stops it. It isn't totally perfect, which is why I'll give it 4 stars. However it's much better than the other aforementioned add-on, that one works on some videos only. It's better suited for other websites, such as the annoying websites when you try to read an article a video starts playing!
This one's the best for youtube. Now I don't have any data cap problems (I'm on cable), but I still don't like autoplay videos! Let me choose when to start my videos! I will keep using this add-on.
Edit: What am I talking about, it's worth five stars. It's really a non-issue. You don't notice it when you don't refresh.
- by Firefox user 13467187, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It does stop Youtube videos from auto-loading and playing when I open them in a new Tab.
I noticed that when i open, for e.g., a CNN news page (that has an embedded video in a new Tab) - but without actually going to that Tab - the video will not auto-load or play. But the moment I click on the Tab to view the news, the video automatically starts loading and playing.
It would be nice if the add-on can stop this auto-loading and playing until the play button is physically clicked (this will help the lot of us who are on a limited monthly data subscription).
Currently running Firefox 57.0 64Bit (updated Nov 17 2017).
Thanks very much for a great add-on.