- Rated 3 out of 5It works, but it hides the comments section.
- Rated 3 out of 5For those who wants to disable autoplay on Firefox. Go to about:config and sett media.autoplay.enabled to false.
- Rated 3 out of 5This add-on doesn't have the functionality needed. I was looking for an add-on that even after playing the video doesn't buffer more than 5 - 10 secs at most. Sometimes I might wanna watch a i.e 60 mins video and start it but I get busy with other stuff till I close the browser for whatever reason where I watched only 3 mins. But the video fully buffered So I've wasted 57 mins video equivalent GBs from my internet bundle.
- Rated 3 out of 5Used to be great but now here's an annoying delay occasionally before the video is fully stopped and a select few times it's failed to stop the video entirely. In addition to this, in the last week or two, I've found it often seems to break comments loading.
- Rated 5 out of 5FlashStopper alternative that works in FF Quantum.
- Rated 5 out of 5This is a very good extension. I used to use (still do use it) "Disable html5 autoplay" but it wouldn't work perfectly on youtube, only on channel pages and whatnot. This extension stops autoplay on youtube completely.
However sometimes with the little testing I did there was a one second delay before it stops the video. Take a random video on youtube, refresh it a couple of times, you will see the video attempts to play but this add-on stops it. It isn't totally perfect, which is why I'll give it 4 stars. However it's much better than the other aforementioned add-on, that one works on some videos only. It's better suited for other websites, such as the annoying websites when you try to read an article a video starts playing!
This one's the best for youtube. Now I don't have any data cap problems (I'm on cable), but I still don't like autoplay videos! Let me choose when to start my videos! I will keep using this add-on.
Edit: What am I talking about, it's worth five stars. It's really a non-issue. You don't notice it when you don't refresh.
- Rated 5 out of 5It does stop Youtube videos from auto-loading and playing when I open them in a new Tab.
I noticed that when i open, for e.g., a CNN news page (that has an embedded video in a new Tab) - but without actually going to that Tab - the video will not auto-load or play. But the moment I click on the Tab to view the news, the video automatically starts loading and playing.
It would be nice if the add-on can stop this auto-loading and playing until the play button is physically clicked (this will help the lot of us who are on a limited monthly data subscription).
Currently running Firefox 57.0 64Bit (updated Nov 17 2017).
Thanks very much for a great add-on.
- Rated 1 out of 5The best addon for this purpose that I found and it was working properly until I upgraded to Firefox 66.0.3 - now it's disabled.
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you ! it works well in firefox lower version. and the others xpi have a little problem more or less
- Rated 5 out of 5Работает
- Rated 5 out of 5Unlike some other extensions, this one does work with YouTube
- Rated 5 out of 5Good expansion!
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice work
- Rated 5 out of 5Good
- Rated 1 out of 5Not working!
- Rated 4 out of 5currently, this one work well on Youtube
- Rated 3 out of 5cause comment not loaded. i need to play the video to make the comment appears
- Rated 2 out of 5Stopped working in the last few days.
- Rated 3 out of 5Not working for embedded youtube videos!
- Rated 4 out of 5Nice
- Rated 5 out of 5FF 54 : Les vidéos ne se *lancent* pas automatiquement, et ne se *chargent* pas automatiquement. Et puis les réglages permettent de stopper/lancer la vidéo automatiquement aux changements d'onglet actif.
Thank you M Fray!