To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
This add-on can be used to prevent YouTube pages in the background tabs or windows from auto-playing or buffering video content. This will also help saving bandwidth.
1. Stop autoplaying on "/watch?v=" pages
2. Stop autoplaying on "/user/" pages
3. Stop autoplaying on "/channel/" pages
4. Stop autoplaying on embedded YouTube players.
Please note that this extension ONLY prevents YouTube HTML5/Flash players from auto-buffering (auto-playing) once after a YouTube page is being loaded. This extension does not aim to stop YouTube players from playing next tracks. For this you probably need to install another extension.
--- My other YouTube tools ---
1. YouTube use Flash Player; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-use-flash-player/
2. YouTube in HD (720p, 1080p, 1440p, 2160p); https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-hd-1/
3. YouTube No Annotations; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-no-annotations/
4. YouTube no Buffer (no autoplay); https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-no-buffer-autoplay/
5. YouTube Stop AutoPlay Next; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stop-autoplay-next-for-youtube/
Note: This is WebExtension implementation of my https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-no-buffer/. Since two different methods are used, I am not going to merge these projects; however, this one is even lighter and more stable than the other project.. Please report bugs to https://github.com/james-fray/YouTube-No-Buffer/
Please note that the FAQs page of this extension contains Google Analytics; Terms can be found https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html