^_^ !!! The Real Deal - goes to youtube-mp3.org Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Everyone, this is the real deal!! In a new tab, goes straight to youtube-mp3.org with the link ready for download. Simply amazing.
The pics are old in the photos. The download button appears beside the " about / share / add to / stats / report" buttons.
It did not work straight away. You have to do what badbadpenguin says (in an older comment):
Very good addon.
This is the fix if you don't see the button.
- search for firstname.lastname@example.org (or something like that) in your firefox profile folder
- change the extension from xpi to zip- open the archive (for example with 7zip)
- search for ytmp3.js inside the archive- open it with notepad- replace 'watch-headline-user-info' with 'watch7-secondary-actions'
- save and close notepad- close the zip archive- change the extension from zip to xpi
- search for ytmp3.js in your firefox profile folder- open it with a text editor- replace 'watch-headline-user-info' with 'watch7-secondary-actions'
- Save and closeNow the Download MP3 button will appear under the hit counter
Finding your firefox profile folder might be tricky in Windows, try googling it for your version of firefox. For me it was in:
It took some fiddling around in order to change the file and for it to stay. For me, what worked was:
- keeping firefox open (any site but youtube)
- changing the .xpi to .zip
- doing what badbadpenguin says
- for me, notepad wouldn't save it in the original place, so had to save it to desktop
- then copy the modified file to the original place, rewriting the original file
- then changing the .zip back to a .xpi and restarting firefox.
For some reason if firefox is closed it will delete the modified .xpi file when restarted, so keep firefox open.
It really works and is worth the 10-15 minutes trying to figure it out. Trust me, it took me like 20 minutes to figure it out and it's amazing and then some. I am usually a leech on the internet, I decided to contribute this post because:
- I'd like to give something back
- badbadpenguin has my gratitude for the fixing instructions
- this extension really works if you use the fix, and wow it is just so flippin convenient