Rated 2.7 out of 5
2.7 Stars out of 5
by Firefox user 14719962, 3 months ago
Rated 2 out of 5
WARNING!! Do NOT use this add-on if you use Google Containers as the two will fight over which gets to contain YouTube, driving FF to 200% CPU utilization!
- by Moz://FifthAxiom, 21 days agoRated 2 out of 5Serious bugs in the Facebook-container extension code involving triggering actions on URL change / container change.
- Clicking links / changing URLs in omni-box from container site to container site will close the current tab (history lost) and opens two tabs to new container site
- Clicking links container site to non- container site working okay (one new tab opened, history container maintained)
- For Google container add-on sometimes when clicking on link in search results, it will not open a new tab but opens a new site in the current container (login session lost). This means Google is not separated from other sites. Also occurs when typing in the omni-box
- Changing URLs in omni-box from container site to non- container (and visa versa) will close current tab (it should open a new tab instead of closing the container tab although arguable)
- No problems while staying in same container
*** TESTED ***
All container add-ons are conflicting as a result (you can only use one). Mozilla needs to change the code that triggers actions (triggered twice going from container to container site using multiple add-ons).
Conclusion: You cannot fork the Facebook container add-on without rewriting the code.
- by Karol, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5I don't really get what the users rating this extension poorly expected. It does what it says. It isolates YouTube from other websites. Of course it will break if run together with a Google container extension. That is to be expected since they deal with the same infrastructure.
- by Firefox user 14234561, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Sorry, mate, this one doesn't work too well. I have this, and a heap of other forks of the original facebook container installed, including the one to isolate google containers. When I visit Google Keep, that triggers the switch to a 'google' container, then when the youtube links I have in Keep are visible, it triggers your plugin, then back, and forth, and back, and forth... forever. Had to disable this one to make it stop!
- by jowwww, a year agoRated 1 out of 5hangs browser 'badly' when accidentally going to youtube lol. The program does what it does, block youtube, but in a way which makes me lose my browser data. cant interrupt what the program is doing with browser,,, lost
- by Firefox user 14003966, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work. It just causes the tab to flip till I click "Home" to escape the mess within the tab. Looks like Google (Youtube) found a way to circumvent it.
- by Firefox user 14003449, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Ne fonctionne malheureusement pas. En effet, quand j'ouvre YouTube mon navigateur se met à scintiller. Obligé de fermer le navigateur et de désactiver l’extension.
Enfin, certains forums parlent d'une "faille énorme" de sécurité (À confirmer)
- by DickS, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Too bad this one does not work correctly. When I open youtube.de there are two tabs flickering and the only way to end this is to remove the youtube container addon.
I've had email contact with the developer and he is very eager to fix the issue with the tab loading. Lets hope this happens soon.
- by ForRohan, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice and easy to use. The only complain I have is that when installed it reloaded all the youtube tabs at once. It would be better if the addon gets to that when the youtube tab gets focus. (or only reload loaded tabs and leave unloaded tabs alone as they will load when clicked on)